Heating pad? Allowed or not?

Did a search to see if heating pads are allowed.  I did see on RC website it is listed as not allowed but during my search here I found this. Can anyone tell me what the rule is? Maybe if I contact medical ahead of time it is allowed?

Live Voyager of the Seas Baltic Cruise (by way of a short stay in London & Copenhagen) May 22-29th

CatLadyFemme replied to CatLadyFemme's topic in Royal Caribbean International

...enjoying my heating pad courtesy of the extension cord (my reading lamp is working now too!), and headed to the Solarium. I had see a few folks in pool earlier, so even though it was 55 degrees (13 Celsius), I put on my suit and hopped in. It was nicely warmed, and I felt happy giving the poor life...

There are many things on the "not allowed" list that people successfully bring onboard.  Probably the biggest one is booze.  I know two people on Voyager last week who snuck booze in (not us - we had DBP).  I carry a Leatherman tool in my toiletry kit and it's been on every cruise with me, no problems.   I've even brought heavy-duty extension cord in my checked bag with no issues.  We know they x-ray checked luggage, but I just don't think they scrutinize it too granularly.  My guess is they are looking for obvious things like real knives, guns, booze bottles and maybe heaters.

thanks for all of the responses.  Think I will contact special needs and see what they say. Not sure if I have time as we leave Sunday.  If I can't get an answer, think I will pack a heat pad with automatic shut off that if they confiscate it, Oh well.   I will also pack ThermaCare wraps too as a back up.  Thanks again for the replies!