🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Wanted to share that the internet is so good this week on the AllureI watched House of the Dragon on HBO at the gym on my phone.  

You had a great itinerary.  Love your pictures!!

That is good to hear.  Although Starlink never came back on, I thought the internet was good most of the time. We streamed a college football game on the ESPN app and later watched a grandchild's soccer game over FaceTime.   If the wifi does act up, try turning off your wifi and then turn it back on.  I had to do that once and it fixed it.

Good to here your on now.  Feel free to share anything you want.   If you don't mind let us know if they get Starlink going before you get off.  We will be cruising Allure again in January.  

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think 🤔 I found out why she didn't show up, ice cream.  Mom thought she bought her a kids size ice cream but it was a small.  Before she realized,  she had eaten it all.  😇 

IMG_3215.thumb.JPEG.f238a0fdfdfe3210a97abdd37344efa6.JPEG

Isn't that something that grandparents are supposed to do?

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last May Sharon found a duck on Ovation.   She decided to hide the duck she found on Allure.   She hid it here.

20221022_102507.thumb.jpg.f89a34e93732904297d76b67b9af261d.jpg

20221022_102436.thumb.jpg.36598ec9826c8cf0fa846e173b87b347.jpg

Excellent hiding spot.  Blends well into the camo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think 🤔 I found out why she didn't show up, ice cream.  Mom thought she bought her a kids size ice cream but it was a small.  Before she realized,  she had eaten it all.  😇 

IMG_3215.thumb.JPEG.f238a0fdfdfe3210a97abdd37344efa6.JPEG

There she is, sweetheart girl!

• Like 1

The part that got boring to me is between the actual skating. This guy would take a long time skating around to get someone to push a button to start the show.  We were in the 1st row on the right side so he picked out Sharon once.

20221020_193012_001.thumb.jpg.6abdc407a3b99c3f34b706eb484f47d7.jpg

20221020_193003_001.thumb.jpg.576b8164bb4a1bd2efada66b50f0bb72.jpg

Now this is with all ice shows.  Hard for me to watch them swing the skater around and let the head drop toward the ice.

20221020_192756_051.thumb.jpg.fc0496a4d4cbff06883f6b8600b513a9.jpg

• Like 5

Samba Grill 

This was are first time to try the Samba Grill.  We liked it enough that I believe we will go again in January.
Things were different than what I have read. Some made it sound like it was outside and it sometimes was humid.  Others said they start of with the worse meat and save the best for last.  Not our experience.  The Samba Grill takes place at the Solarium inside and it was not humid.
SG1_170000.thumb.jpg.4b108026f78e4560c84f833c5a3c2c81.jpg

Not ever eaten there I was confused over the silverware.   I did not know what the tong was for.  You use it to hold the meat up while they slice it off for you.

SGsilverware_170208.thumb.jpg.81237d063db7515dd4d286332828d63b.jpg

SGcut_173011.thumb.jpg.4747daa92a23ff56f4616c0bafda3f9d.jpg

• Like 5

We were informed that they did not have Linguica, a pork sausage, to serve. I wasn't planning to eat it.  

We were one of the 1st to dine this night.   The first they started with was Picanha.  They describe it as.... Our signature cut of beef, the prime cut of top sirloin.  Obviously they did not start us on the lowest grade of food.  It was really good.

SGpicana_173248.thumb.jpg.83ca41a6554b1df4de49092c0213a846.jpg

Next, Cordeiro which was grilled Lamb chops. I planned not to have it but after Keith tried it I did too.  I am glad I did.

SGlamb_173607.thumb.jpg.ebc536f03a2f3728bbe34b9b832f722f.jpg

Beef Tenderloin.  My favorite.   It was so tender and great taste.

SGtender_173612.thumb.jpg.a972a20cb8d23e2690668adbbb444bc9.jpg

Costela or beef ribs.  I was not a fan.

SGrib_175338.thumb.jpg.0d0e5fbabac1a41ec796ae1e94897cd1.jpg

Frango, chicken breast wrapped in bacon.  Keith liked it, I thought the chicken was to dry.

SGbacon_175546.thumb.jpg.66ba13c9e60e1f55c869ffca68b91d41.jpg

They served a bottom cut of sirloin.   I skipped it for another cut of beef tenderloin.   

They also served Lombo, pork loin, which I skipped.   Keith said it was real good.

We had a great experience there and would do it again.

• Like 9

On 10/21/2022 at 9:10 PM, singinalot said:

Curaçao was one of the port stops on my very first cruise so will forever hold a place in my heart. thanks for the pics!

I was on your sailing and I remember when smaller ships sailed past the colorful buildings and docked right in town.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The appetizer stations are a scam!  They're trying to get you to fill up on rabbit food.  Samba Grill is all about the meat!  🤣

The Brazilian Steakhouses here in town do the same thing. Put out fancy apps and sides so you load up on them and don't save room for the meats. I put minimal sides on my plate and tell them give me the meat. It's like the ultimate "Meat Buffet."

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The appetizer stations are a scam!  They're trying to get you to fill up on rabbit food.  Samba Grill is all about the meat!  🤣

I went to Texas de Brazil last Friday night.  I can assure you I was seen no where near the salad bar!  The Picanha was awesome!  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I went to Texas de Brazil last Friday night.  I can assure you I was seen no where near the salad bar!  The Picanha was awesome!  

My DD's friend went to Texas de Brazil in Memphis.  Said it was good.  Picanha is real good. 

UDP

We enjoyed the UDP.  It wasn't all about the food.  We enjoy it a lot because of the settings in most of the restaurants and service which is the main reason we wanted to avoid the MDR this time. For an 8 day cruise it cost $237 each before gratuity.   Our upcoming 7 day is $260.  It will have to come down to do it again.  We will at least do 3 nights.

I thought we would take more advantage of lunch.  We ate lunch at Giovanni’s the 1st day.  If your in a bathing suit Johnny Rockets is the only option.   I did Izumi once.

Giovanni’s was our favorite and Chops 2nd.  Both done twice.

150 Central Park had good food but may not do it again. 

Izumi is good but will only be a lunch now.

Sabor. Only the Guacamole was extra good.  Great service but it is a load dinner location and average food.  Maybe lunch.
Samba Grill.  The guys really liked it.  The ladies not as much.

• Like 6

The ship.

We all enjoyed the ship.  Solo cruiser is highly considering joining us again on Allure out of Galveston in January. The ship is really showing it's age.  It's a clean ship but needs new carpet and cabin outlets are way out of date.  The entertainment could use improving.  The service all around was probably the best we have experienced since the start up. If you have a future booking on Allure I believe you will have a great time. 

• Like 3