Enchanted/Ruby cabin comparison

sandancer

Unknown to us we were upgraded to cabin C614 on Enchanted Princess. First we knew was when our travel agent called to ask if we had requested to move from a balcony to a deluxe balcony. Nope. Not us, however it’s a done deal. I can’t find a review on this cabin on the cabin info thread, however, there is one for the Ruby Princess. Being mindful of the instruction not to ask questions on the thread I would like to know if the cabin will be the same. The Ruby review was fine. I know they are different class of ships and not being a very experienced Princess cruiser I am hoping someone will know. 

36 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Unknown to us we were upgraded to cabin C614 on Enchanted Princess. First we knew was when our travel agent called to ask if we had requested to move from a balcony to a deluxe balcony. Nope. Not us, however it’s a done deal. I can’t find a review on this cabin on the cabin info thread, however, there is one for the Ruby Princess. Being mindful of the instruction not to ask questions on the thread I would like to know if the cabin will be the same. The Ruby review was fine. I know they are different class of ships and not being a very experienced Princess cruiser I am hoping someone will know. 

Difference: You have a small sitting sofa in the deluxe balcony.  IDK the comparison to Ruby.  Look at the video, maybe that will help.

Here’s a video for a deluxe balcony on Enchanted.  
You don’t say what your original balcony cabin was.

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

One big difference that pops out to me for C614 on Ruby and Enchanted is that the balcony on Ruby is larger and partly covered. What cabin were you in before the upgrade? You might or might not like the location better, but if a sofa is important to you then the upgrade is probably a good one.

Thanks for the replies. We were in a standard balcony. Nice to have a sofa but not crucial. Location is ok, over the years (not with Princess) we have been in just about every location so that’s not so important. Going to watch the video now. 

Edited by sandancer
  • Like 1

Sandancer, 

Just out of curiosity, did your travel agent check the box for Do Not Upgrade? I’m just wondering because we are booked on the Enchanted and we don’t want an upgrade — we want the cabin we selected. I’ve heard a few tales of people getting upgraded when they didn’t want to. 
Thanks and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

It is a nice upgrade.

Different class ship.

Ruby C614. Balcony cat. cabin. No sofa. Only one desk chair. Balcony size 9ft x 9ft half covered.

Enchanted C614. Deluxe balcony cabin. Two seat sofa. Small 9ft Wide x 4ft Deep balcony.

Closet and bath area almost the same. Enchanted will have a slightly larger bathroom and shower than the ones on the Ruby.

Grand class ships do not have any deluxe balcony cat. cabins. 

Yes, getting the Deluxe Cabin (with the bit of extra space and the little two seat foldout mini sofa,, in this location, as a free or very discounted upgrade is great!

It is a mid-deck, near to mid-ship cabin.  Between the middle (Piazza) elevators and the rear elevators.

No venues either above or below.

I think you know the standard balconies on these Royal Class ships are small.

But, that is fine, since I am assuming you had the same 'standard' balcony booked before.  Assuming you had not booked one of the ones with the larger balcony, most of which are categorized as 'premium'.

Enjoy the slightly larger cabin!

Edited by Wishing on a star

I found this comment about similar cabin C614 on the Royal.  Somebody had asked if what appears to be an indentation/cutout in the cabin size at the doorway mattered. 

"Hello! We just got off the Royal (7/28 -8/10). We were in C614. There was no difference between this cabin or any of the other deluxe balcony cabins. It does look like it on the deck plans, but the way the door is...it makes no difference. Great cabin!"