What combination of kids and adults in cabins?

surgie

I want to reserve 4 cabins for a total of 11 people (6 adults and 5 children who will be ages 5 through 11 at the time of the cruise).

I know I need to have at least one adult on each cabin reserved. Our plan is to have this configuration:

Cabins 1 and 2 (connecting cabins): 2 adults and 3 kids

Cabin 3: 2 adults and 2 kids

Cabin 4: 2 adults

What is the best economical way to place the passengers on the reservation? Or does it matter? Or does it depend on current promotion at time of booking?

Are any adults Diamond or Diamond Plus, and are any of the rooms balconies?  Splitting up the D/D+ could result in more than one balcony discount.

Are all of the adults from the same state?  If not, check prices for resident discounts.  Splitting up the people from a state with a resident discount could result in more than one cabin with a lower price. 

There might be some hints with the “kids sail free” promo that I am not familiar with, regarding the number of kids in a cabin.  I’m sure someone else will help with that.

Once you get on board, you can move people into the cabins with their partners and get the keys changed at Guest Services.

Or, you could decide it is complicated enough with that number of people in the first place, and book them exactly the way you have them listed.  That would probably be my choice. 

When do you plan to sail? There are currently some Kids sail free, but that promotion has a list of exclusion dates. What type of cabins are you planning to book--inside OV or balcony? What ship are you looking at--some ships have a family cabin with a bunk area and sleep 5 or six, but with only 1 bathroom.

We booked 4 cabins for 6 adults and 2 girls 6 and 12. We had 2 connecting cabins and 2 adjoining, all balconies. We booked the connecting cabins with 1 adult each room and one girl each room. Worked out great. We also thought about inside cabins across from balconies, but wanted the connecting cabin for the kids.

Barb

Your configuration seems reasonable.  The only consideration would be if you want to buy the Deluxe Bev package for just one adult.  You could put one adult and one child in the same cabin therefore you wouldn't have to buy for both adults in the same cabin.  We just did that when we took our two GD's on a cruise.  I was listed with one and DW was listed with the other GD and only I had to pay for the DBP.  Price won't change as the "kids sail free" or discounts for 3rd and 4th would still net the same amount no matter what age the 1st & 2nd person are.   

Your plan looks good.  

As for promotions, they may or may not appear -- though the kids sail free thing is available pretty often.  I'd say focus on what you can control: 

- Choose an off-season date 

- Choose inexpensive cabins 

- Book early and keep watching the prices /call if it goes down