Bid on suite or just keep Aquaclass

Gasgasgas235

I am guessing this has been asked before, though was unable to find this  on search...so here we are. 

I have an aqua class cabin for my first celebrity cruise on the Summit sailing the 24th of November, 4 days. I am looking forward to dining at blu, the free Persian garden, I just learned that I get 3 free exercise classes which is pretty sweet too! 

I am pretty happy with my room and kind of want to keep it and not even bid on an upgrade, but I dont know what I dont know. So if there is something thats really great in the retreat that makes it that much more worth it then let me know. I am always looking for different perspectives.  

Biding on the suites means that you would lose your access to the Persian Garden and free exercises.  You would gain Luminae (instead of Blu but you could still order from Blu and even dine there if space is available).  You would also gain the retreat deck/lounge and get a butler and access to the concierges.

If you win a bid, you would still earn loyalty points at the Aqua class level and you would keep whatever wifi and beverage package you currently have.

if the Persian Garden and exercise classes are important to you, I would just stay where you are.

My best answer to this- Once you are in a Suite it might be very hard to ever book anything lower. My wife and I were quite content booking balcony cabins until were bumped up to a Suite years ago. We only sail Suites now. Somebody has to do it.

• Like 2

We love suites and have always booked them after the first time. That said, it sounds like Aqua is something you’d really enjoy and fits your needs at this point. So my advice is go for it! You can always upgrade for another cruise if you so desire. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise. 

Edited by sunpsyche
Typos

45 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

And we have tried a suite.  Luminae and Blu were comparable to us.  Retreat was nice but very happy in Aqua.  A bigger cabin not a big deal to us.

Then why are you  in a quandry. It sounds as if you already know the answer. Pleasant sailing.

47 minutes ago, morfred said:

Then why are you  in a quandry. It sounds as if you already know the answer. Pleasant sailing.

The original poster has never sailed Celebrity as quoted: "I have an aqua class cabin for my first celebrity cruise on the Summit sailing the 24th of November, 4 day" and is inquiring about the pros & cons of an upgrade bid. You are responding to Arizona Wildcat who has sailed Celebrity and is offering their opinion on Aqua class vs. Suites. 

• Like 1

Because it's only a 4 night cruise (not enough time to get a good " feel " for Celebrity) and you appear to be satisfied with whatever Aqua Class offers--- Blu dining room, Persian Gardens-- both excellent. IMO--- stay with it-- save the $$ for more Celebrity cruises.

(Full disclosure--- My opinion is based on the fact that we are no longer suite passengers after trying it--( non drinkers, limited wifi use, and didn't require the services of our Butler).

• Like 1

The Persian gardens on the Summit is nothing special.  It is a heated bench like a church pew that is against the wall that seats about 6 people elbow to elbow.  The room is like being in a cellar 

Bidding on the suite isn’t a guarantee. Don’t know how much the minimum bid is but it is up to you to decide if is worth more 

I would stay with AQ and book a suite on board for another cruise.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅