Celebrity Air

suekel

When booking flights thru Celebrity air

1.  Can you refare/rebook as often as you like?  On Princess Air you can rebook as many times as you like up to 45 days out with no fees, so wondering if it's similar

2.  Are they significantly cheaper than thru the airline on flights to Europe?

3.  Do they include all major US carriers?  

Thanks

"1.  Can you refare/rebook as often as you like?  On Princess Air you can rebook as many times as you like up to 45 days out with no fees, so wondering if it's similar

3.  Do they include all major US carriers?  "

1. I think so, but I've only had to change my flights once with Flights by Celebrity. Long hold on the phone but did it.

2. In my experience the flights are always less expensive, especially for international flights. However, I prefer to use the cruise line's "flights" mainly for other reasons, like the ability to change flights if necessary, not pay until final payment, and if I have to cancel the trip.

3. Well, it depends on what you mean by "major". I've never seen Southwest or Jet Blue for instance.

Doug

Interesting.

10 hours ago, suekel said:

When booking flights thru Celebrity air

1.  Can you refare/rebook as often as you like?  On Princess Air you can rebook as many times as you like up to 45 days out with no fees, so wondering if it's similar

Yes you can rebook, but there are change fees to rebook depending on your fare

Today they are usually cheaper on coach fares, but the same or higher for consolidator fares on business class

3.  Do they include all major US carriers?

No.  As said Southwest and JetBlue do not work with considators.

ABC is great if you understand the fare rules.  Book a non refundable fare and you pay to change flights.  

Thanks

You can change it up through final for no fees, IF you book flexible air, except fare difference ( or maybe through ticketing).  BUT you can't do it on line, you have to call them.

Significantly cheaper?  Maybe or maybe not.

They use major carriers but no Southwest, JetBlue, Spirit etc. They stick with the majors.  I am using them again next May to AMS and home from VCE. BUT be aware that they may NOT be all that helpful if there's a cancellation!  

My outbound this May to FCO was cancelled. I'm STILL waiting for them to tell me about my new flight.  I called both FBC and SAS.  Flights by X had me on hold for 45 minutes (they DAY I was flying) and never helped.  SAS had me on the phone for 5 minutes and had already rebooked me onto a nonstop on UA from EWR to FCO.

KNOW that you'll have to be proactive and that they may not be as much help as you think.  They can't get you on a flight that's full- and this spring/summer were hot messes.

As long as you understand that you have to stay on top of the flights, you'll be ok.  For my next year's flights, I am able to see them on line, select seats and so on but until final, I can't do much else.  It's not unusual to not be able to manage or even see them on some carriers' sites.  I did earn miles, but at a lower amount since the fare was lower than booking direct.

Like anything, it's caveat emptor but as long as you know that, there can be a nice savings.  

Edited by megr1125
  • Like 1