Xpedition 10/22 sailing cancelled due to dry dock issue!!!

MisterBill99

On 10/18/2022 at 12:20 PM, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Unfortunately this won't hold up.......

So I figured that I'd update this and point out that my refunds started showing up on the various credit cards that I paid with (I split my payments to take advantage of credit card deals). So, as we all expected, you were completely wrong in your bogus claim that they would not pay up. And of course I am booked for 2023 at no cost.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 10:08 PM, MisterBill99 said:

BTW, for anyone who may care, the ship apparently went to Curaçao for the dry dock, and it's currently still in Aruba.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9228368

We will be going to an Ecuadorian restaurant for dinner on Saturday night, since we should have been eating that food tonight. Fortunately, there is a good one in a nearby town.

Those on the Millie's panama canal sailing were in Curacao on Oct 13th received the treat of watching the Xpedition go through the platoon bridge.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

That really sucks to get a last minute cancellation. Of course, it is better than them skimping on mechanical repairs and potentially having a ruined cruise while at sea!

Yes, as I was reminded of when I looked for reviews of the Antarctica cruise we're taking in February and noticed that Infinity had problems back in 2019, and they missed some ports and got some very poor reviews here on CC. That's also not a cheap cruise, but not as expensive as this one.

For anyone who may care, Xpedition has made it to Baltra and presumably this week's cruise will go off without a hitch.

• Like 1

I can confirm that the Expedition, as of the 19th, was still in Aruba. Here's a photo I grabbed as we were coming into Oranjestad on the Equinox, and it appeared as though a lot of equipment had been hauled to the top deck ... and that she was not going anywhere soon. 

PA180245.JPG

• Like 1