Unusual/unpopular opinions

Drew B 58

1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

You took the damn bus BACK across the continent (and after a California coast round trip)???????

Your wife sounds like a keeper -- and certainly the more competent vacation planner of the family.

We took a bus from NY to LA

We spent several days in Southern California 

Then took a bus to SF ,toured SF and Sausalito 

Then took a bus back to NY

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

We took a bus from NY to LA

We spent several days in Southern California 

Then took a bus to SF ,toured SF and Sausalito 

Then took a bus back to NY

In Chaucer's day some people, while walking on pilgrimages, would put pebbles in their shoes -- believing that suffering was good for the spirit.  I thought that sort of thing was passe.

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Something that you might find interesting .In the mid 90’s my wife and I went to dinner with friends in a rather unusual Manhattan restaurant.It was located on W.72 St near Columbus Ave.We entered into a small hotel,took an elevator one floor down and there was a pirate ship.We had to walk on a plank to enter .The Waitstaff dressed as Pirates sat us .Dinner for the  of us ,entrees and coffees was quite costly but it was a fun experience.

Reminds me of the Whaler Bar at the Midston Hotel on Madison Avenue.  You entered via a gangway from the pier, over the water, through the curved hull. There were portholes - with a moving backdrop creating the impression of being on a ship at sea.  

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Reminds me of the Whaler Bar at the Midston Hotel on Madison Avenue.  You entered via a gangway from the pier, over the water, through the curved hull. There were portholes - with a moving backdrop creating the impression of being on a ship at sea.  

Similiar to my post 'about 10 years ago my wife and I were going to dinner one night with neighbors .They drove to an area that was quite seedy and parked the car.We went into a building that had an elevator in the lobby and went down one flight.It was a restaurant where the Waiters all wore tuxedos.The food was served on fine china .Our dinner was quite expensive .The food delicious.