Live Report B225

walkingdude

Hi All,

we fly out to pick up the ship in Barbados on Friday 04/11/22, I notice there is a Barbados immigration form on the entry requirements, is this to be filled in prior to boarding the flight or is it done on the plane as is sometimes the case?

many thanks

Just now, Richpatto said:

Hi All,

we fly out to pick up the ship in Barbados on Friday 04/11/22, I notice there is a Barbados immigration form on the entry requirements, is this to be filled in prior to boarding the flight or is it done on the plane as is sometimes the case?

many thanks

Our last one had to be done before the flight, they check that you’ve done it at the airport before you check in from what I remember 

1 hour ago, Richpatto said:

Hi All,

many thanks

As per https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/destination-requirements:

Barbados

All guests flying into Barbados must provide evidence of completing the Barbados Immigration and Customs form here. The form will be available within 72 hours prior to travel. This will be checked at the airport before boarding your flight. We’ve put together a handy guide on how to fill this out here.

20 minutes ago, Richpatto said:

Thanks very much,

it appears the link for the form is not currently working as I fly on Friday, and it don't work at the moment, I'll try again in the morning,

thanks, again!

I've had problems with this previously.  It's not keen on any browser other than Chrome. Normally works with that - I've just checked my own link and it's working in Chrome.

• Like 1

Hiya folks another island another beach, after it rained yesterday I felt like getting out of the water and coming home, I didn't pay all this money to be in rainstorms.

Latest tale from the dark side, there was a man and woman trying to decide which muffins to have, obviously oblivious to the fact you was supposed to use the tongues

• Like 4

Believe you are in St Kitts?  Have they finished the building work at the port or is it still the long hike through the building works?  Notice on Vessel finder it states you're moored.  Are you tendering?

Not my own personal favourite island as the rubbish dumped is most off putting to me. Hopefully better now. Enjoy yourselves.  I'm getting just a teeny bit jealous!

For those interested when boarding day 1 reception said Sindhu was closed all cruise. That afternoon you could book 4 dates on their app only and these went quickly. Then another date appeared on app which again was snapped up and again a 6th evening which was given to those on waiting list. They hope Sindhu will be open more regularly very soon but food excellent.

Our epicurean meal was a big disappointment considering the cover charge. Always been one of our favorites but food was sent back. To their credit they rectified situation with different meal and glass of wine so fair play to manager.

Beach House was excellent as usual.

All in all its been a good cruise other than the ever increasing number of unsavoury incidents on board. It is sad to see P&O becoming more like Wetherspoons by the day. Woman punched a man over camera incidents, tea thrown over Passenger over sunbeds, stabbing with plastic fork and someone attacked with broken champagne flute. I've cruised many times with P&O and never seen so many towels reserving sun beds from so early. It's just embarrassing for anyone who thinks getting up before 7am and reserving all beds is acceptable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sweep2907 said:

For those interested when boarding day 1 reception said Sindhu was closed all cruise. That afternoon you could book 4 dates on their app only and these went quickly. Then another date appeared on app which again was snapped up and again a 6th evening which was given to those on waiting list. They hope Sindhu will be open more regularly very soon but food excellent.

Our epicurean meal was a big disappointment considering the cover charge. Always been one of our favorites but food was sent back. To their credit they rectified situation with different meal and glass of wine so fair play to manager.

Beach House was excellent as usual.

All in all its been a good cruise other than the ever increasing number of unsavoury incidents on board. It is sad to see P&O becoming more like Wetherspoons by the day. Woman punched a man over camera incidents, tea thrown over Passenger over sunbeds, stabbing with plastic fork and someone attacked with broken champagne flute. I've cruised many times with P&O and never seen so many towels reserving sun beds from so early. It's just embarrassing for anyone who thinks getting up before 7am and reserving all beds is acceptable. 

What are P&O doing with the people perpetrating these acts of aggression ?  Any staff involvement or actions taken against the perpetrators?

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, Megabear2 said:

I've had problems with this previously.  It's not keen on any browser other than Chrome. Normally works with that - I've just checked my own link and it's working in Chrome.

Im trying to submit our form, gone through it all, filled it all in clicked the submit button and its just spinning with a message that says "submitting application" "Please wait while we review your application"

been like it for 20 mins now, so frustrating

6 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

Im trying to submit our form, gone through it all, filled it all in clicked the submit button and its just spinning with a message that says "submitting application" "Please wait while we review your application"

been like it for 20 mins now, so frustrating

Yes, I've had that before. Tends to be because the two browsers aren't talking. Have you cleared your cache etc? That did help but was extremely annoying.

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes, I've had that before. Tends to be because the two browsers aren't talking. Have you cleared your cache etc? That did help but was extremely annoying.

I finally managed to get the email back after 4 attempts, I think the site is just overloaded at times!

• Like 1

Apologies for no updates since 31 October, but we couldn’t login despite clearing cache, cookies, etc.

We’re now back home. We didn’t, after all, avoid the big C. Two of our party tested positive less than 24 hours after landing, myself included. That would imply that we caught it on the ship, in the coach to the airport, in the airport, or on the plane. My gut feeling now is that there were positive cases on board but pax were not, generally, reporting it for fear of being isolated and ruining their holiday. Thankfully, I don’t feel terribly I’ll, just a thick head cold and some weariness. 
The final few days of our cruise were great, but there were regular interjections of liquid sunshine. St Kitts was wonderful (surprisingly) and no sign of the building works/general rubble mentioned by MegaBear2 earlier on this page. St Lucia was good, but, in hindsight, we chose the wrong beach. St Vincent was a waste of time (just our opinion). We don’t know why P&O stop here rather than, for example, St Maarten which is much nicer. Barbados was great -nwent to Harbour Lights on Carlisle Beach, again.

Had dinner in the Epicurean on our penultimate night and, unfortunately, it wasn’t very good. Big pity as we usually enjoy this restaurant. Had dinner at Sindhu on our final night and it was, thankfully, very enjoyable. Worth the wait and a nice way to finish.

Flight back was delayed by 3 hours, but otherwise all good. We did, however, notice some baggage on the arrivals carousel that was supposed to have gone to Gatwick. Someone was not going to be happy.

Reading some of the earlier posts on this page, whilst we didn’t witness any of the unsavoury events described, we are absolutely sure that they would have happened. I’m continuously surprised by the behaviour of some pax, from being loud, drunk, rude in the buffet, and when trying to exit the lifts, refusing to wash hands after visiting rest rooms, placing towels on loungers before disappearing for several hours, etc. (rant over).

Finally, we heard about lots of “disagreements” between pax and spa personnel over various issues. No surprise because it has happened to us on a previous cruise.

We will now be taking a break from P&O while we consider all of our options. Enjoy your current/next cruises wherever you might be going.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, walkingdude said:

Apologies for no updates since 31 October, but we couldn’t login despite clearing cache, cookies, etc.

We’re now back home. We didn’t, after all, avoid the big C. Two of our party tested positive less than 24 hours after landing, myself included. That would imply that we caught it on the ship, in the coach to the airport, in the airport, or on the plane. My gut feeling now is that there were positive cases on board but pax were not, generally, reporting it for fear of being isolated and ruining their holiday. Thankfully, I don’t feel terribly I’ll, just a thick head cold and some weariness. 
The final few days of our cruise were great, but there were regular interjections of liquid sunshine. St Kitts was wonderful (surprisingly) and no sign of the building works/general rubble mentioned by MegaBear2 earlier on this page. St Lucia was good, but, in hindsight, we chose the wrong beach. St Vincent was a waste of time (just our opinion). We don’t know why P&O stop here rather than, for example, St Maarten which is much nicer. Barbados was great -nwent to Harbour Lights on Carlisle Beach, again.

Had dinner in the Epicurean on our penultimate night and, unfortunately, it wasn’t very good. Big pity as we usually enjoy this restaurant. Had dinner at Sindhu on our final night and it was, thankfully, very enjoyable. Worth the wait and a nice way to finish.

Flight back was delayed by 3 hours, but otherwise all good. We did, however, notice some baggage on the arrivals carousel that was supposed to have gone to Gatwick. Someone was not going to be happy.

Reading some of the earlier posts on this page, whilst we didn’t witness any of the unsavoury events described, we are absolutely sure that they would have happened. I’m continuously surprised by the behaviour of some pax, from being loud, drunk, rude in the buffet, and when trying to exit the lifts, refusing to wash hands after visiting rest rooms, placing towels on loungers before disappearing for several hours, etc. (rant over).

Finally, we heard about lots of “disagreements” between pax and spa personnel over various issues. No surprise because it has happened to us on a previous cruise.

We will now be taking a break from P&O while we consider all of our options. Enjoy your current/next cruises wherever you might be going.

Likely caught on board, when my wife went down with it, it was 4 days after her exposure that she showed symptoms. 

11 hours ago, walkingdude said:

We didn't stay on St Vincent but took the ferry to Bequia, we walked along the path to the right to the plantation hotel who have a small beach, it was really enjoyable nobody trying to sell us anything.

We must be like ships in the night we also ate in the Epicurean last but one night and really enjoyed the food, than the glass House the last night also excellent food.

• Like 1