HELP!

avenger71

3 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

Did you select a guaranteed cabin (where Carnival selects the room for you)?  I think you’ll get your assigned room at check in. 

Yes, I selected a Havana cabin.  We checked in today and still only have TBA (DECK).

There is nothing to worry about. It is not uncommon to get a room number 3-7 days before you actually set sail. Also had one trip where I was not assigned a room number until I was boarding the ship. If you booked a Guarantee Havana, that is what you will get. Not having a room number until the last minute is just one of the draw-backs of booking a Guarantee room (and thus the reason it is cheaper since Carnival can slot you into what-ever room is available after the upgrade fairy has visited everyone else).  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RockHoundTX said:

There is nothing to worry about. It is not uncommon to get a room number 3-7 days before you actually set sail. Also had one trip where I was not assigned a room number until I was boarding the ship. If you booked a Guarantee Havana, that is what you will get. Not having a room number until the last minute is just one of the draw-backs of booking a Guarantee room (and thus the reason it is cheaper since Carnival can slot you into what-ever room is available after the upgrade fairy has visited everyone else).  

Ok, thank you!  I know there are only like two Havana cabins that will accommodate 3 people so I don't understand what the issue is.  

18 minutes ago, avenger71 said:

Ok, thank you!  I know there are only like two Havana cabins that will accommodate 3 people so I don't understand what the issue is.  

The issue is that someone is likely already assigned to those 2 cabins. If you have a Guarantee, the process is that Carnival will try to get the folks in those cabins to upgrade. If they do, then they will assign you the cabin that opens up. If they do not, then you are in luck. Basically Carnival will upgrade you for free to a better stateroom than what you paid for (just have to realize that what Carnival calls "better" may not meet your definition of "better" but you can cross that bridge when you come to it). 

TBA (to Be Assigned) is what all Guarantees say until the room number is actually assigned. Calling at this point is likely not going to help. You are a month too early to panic.   

• Like 4

Did you choose a TBA cabin? My guess is you could have booked a Havana cabin but not chosen a specific one. If you have your booking email go back and look to see if you were ever assigned a cabin from the beginning or if it always said TBA. Chances are it’s a TBA cabin and they have up until embarkation to assign it. You can call carnival and talk to to them about upgrading to the rate that allows you to choose. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 6:29 AM, avenger71 said:

The “issue” is that they’re going to make you wait because the computer is programmed to release rooms to guarantee fares at specific times, generally shortly before your cruise.  

We booked a guaranteed rate for an accessible room for four within Family Harbor.  There’s only a single room that meets this criteria, yet it wasn’t assigned until the day of departure - and of course it was the room we expected.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:21 AM, Itried4498 said:

The “issue” is that they’re going to make you wait because the computer is programmed to release rooms to guarantee fares at specific times, generally shortly before your cruise.  

We booked a guaranteed rate for an accessible room for four within Family Harbor.  There’s only a single room that meets this criteria, yet it wasn’t assigned until the day of departure - and of course it was the room we expected.

That's good to know because I was worried that we won't get a Havana cabana even though that is the category that I chose.  Thank you!

On 10/24/2022 at 11:34 AM, avenger71 said:

That's good to know because I was worried that we won't get a Havana cabana even though that is the category that I chose.  Thank you!

Well, remember that your guarantee cabin is a minimum. They can upgrade you. So you aren't guaranteed a Havana cabana. You are guaranteed at least a Havana cabana. They can "upgrade" you to any room that they consider is a higher level room. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Well, remember that your guarantee cabin is a minimum. They can upgrade you. So you aren't guaranteed a Havana cabana. You are guaranteed at least a Havana cabana. They can "upgrade" you to any room that they consider is a higher level room. 

Ok, thank you.  I assume it would be in the Havana area, though, correct?

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:37 PM, csm5986142 said:

I thought the same thing.  Hopefully OP will come back and let us know how it turned out.

I did a mock booking (selecting Havana Cabana), see below.  image.thumb.jpeg.bee4139cc5b38e202310b747145504a9.jpeg2052510223_Mockbooking2.thumb.jpg.9aa9765875bc1f2b5efc00603e29b78c.jpg95352461_Mockbooking3.thumb.jpg.71d8a1a201f1e73a6d16fdcb29db743a.jpg

Edited by avenger71

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

Your price should be the $2,098 + $1,530 for Cabana.  $3,628.00.

I see what you are talking about.  Strange because I do  have a balcony cabin according to my Booking.  It says that we have a BL Balcony and I did not pay $708 extra for that.  Just the $2,098.  

CATEGORY: BL BALCONY

On 10/20/2022 at 6:26 AM, avenger71 said:

YIKES!  I am on hold with Carnival now.  Even the girl that answered doesn't know what it means.

I was just curious what Carnival told you when you called? 

But it sounds like maybe you have determined (through screen shots and advice here) that it's a balcony guarantee, not Havana area?  

If you have time to come back up update us after your cabin is assigned, I'd love to know how it turns out.  Living on the west coast we sail out of Long Beach frequently but I've never tried a guaranteed cabin.