Transportation to Horseshoe Bay

sheets2003

We'll be in Bermuda on October 31st for 24 hours and have 3 kids in our group. All of the group is leaning towards going to the Horseshoe bay. What is the best mode of transport for a group of 9. We have 2 older parents as well and I want to be mindful of their comfort. Also if the weather ends up being bad, I want to have a plan B. What else can we go? Nobody in the group is interested in shopping.

2 hours ago, sheets2003 said:

We'll be in Bermuda on October 31st for 24 hours and have 3 kids in our group. All of the group is leaning towards going to the Horseshoe bay. What is the best mode of transport for a group of 9. We have 2 older parents as well and I want to be mindful of their comfort. Also if the weather ends up being bad, I want to have a plan B. What else can we go? Nobody in the group is interested in shopping.

The most comfotable way is by taxi. Taxis hold a maximum of 7. So you would need 2 taxis.  The taxi rate is $32 for 1-4 or $42 for a 5-7. You could also take a shared minibus, Those would hold your whole group in one vehicle but you would be sharing the ride. Could be 14 or 30 in the minibus. Cost is $7 per person. 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, Charles4515 said:

The most comfotable way is by taxi. Taxis hold a maximum of 7. So you would need 2 taxis.  The taxi rate is $32 for 1-4 or $42 for a 5-7. You could also take a shared minibus, Those would hold your whole group in one vehicle but you would be sharing the ride. Could be 14 or 30 in the minibus. Cost is $7 per person. 

How and where do you hire the minibus. Would you arrange beforehand or will they be at the port. Thanks so much for the information. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 8:28 PM, DZ77 said:

How would you get back from Horseshoe Bay to the Royal Navy Dockyard?  Are there minibusses and taxis waiting there as well?

Thank you

Yes there are. Right where you get dropped off. I've done it a dozen times and it could not be easier. I'm sailing Joy, again, in July and we'll be doing this for at least 1 day that we are there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, Charles4515 said:

Hi, is the $32 rate round trip or each way? 

Thank you!

I’ve seen some videos where people have to walk up and down a hill to get to the beach. Is this only if you take the local bus to get there?  Do taxis and minibus and cruise excursion vehicles all drop you right at the beach?  Thx

41 minutes ago, skatie said:

I’ve seen some videos where people have to walk up and down a hill to get to the beach. Is this only if you take the local bus to get there?  Do taxis and minibus and cruise excursion vehicles all drop you right at the beach?  Thx

The taxis and mini vans will take you to the parking lot at the bottom of the hill,  It is a short walk to the beach from there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, skatie said:

Yes, it is only when you take the public buses The taxis and minibus drop you almost right at the beach. There is a very short path from their drop off area. As for the cruise line excursions they seem to use the same minibuses in recent years as the private drivers, they just charge $70 rt  for them instead of $14 rt so then they would drop off at the beach. If they used the pink buses I don't think they could not but I don't think they do use the buses.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:47 AM, skatie said:

The walk up the hill on your way out is brutal.  Seems unending.

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

The walk up the hill on your way out is brutal.  Seems unending.

Were you there in July or August? I used to walk up a lot when I used to take the public bus and it was no problem for me in May and June. For years there was a fellow who gave rides to the top for $1and later $2. Many gladly paid and the driver was cool. He gave a different mini travelogue every ride. I would pay for the Ride to the Top in July and August. Sometime soon sfter the minibus shuttles came into existence the Ride to the Top was discontinued. 

Edited by Charles4515

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how late the shuttles run from Horsehoe Bay back to the pier?  We'll get into Bermuda around 1:00 p.m. and I want to go to HB till maybe 4 or 5:00 p.m.  I just want to make sure we'll have transportation back.

2 hours ago, moposh said:

Does anyone know how late the shuttles run from Horsehoe Bay back to the pier?  We'll get into Bermuda around 1:00 p.m. and I want to go to HB till maybe 4 or 5:00 p.m.  I just want to make sure we'll have transportation back.

I never stayed that late, I wrap up between 3 and 3:30,  but I asked a driver a couple of years ago and was told they wrap up between 5 and 5:30 when the consession starts collecting rental chairs and umbrellas from the beach. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, moposh said:

Does the Horseshoe Bay Beach open at 10:00 a.m.?  Looks like RC is changing port times so I will probably go on second day.  Thanks.

It is a public beach. The beach is always open.  If you are asking about the conscessions they are open from 9 to 5. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is a public beach. The beach is always open.  If you are asking about the conscessions they are open from 9 to 5. 

I didn't remember if there was a gate to the entrance or not.  Thanks.