What Are The Pro's & Con's (Food) of Your Recent Sailing On Board your Trip

BklynBoy8

We recently sailed on the QM2 and enjoyed the Ports of Call,  Activities, Theme Evenings and also Ship itself.

One of the most important part of a trip is also the Food & Cuisine in yourz; assigned restaurant and alternate dining rooms.

But as always there are Pro and Con's you experience besides what you expect.

Mine were - Con:

Lack of Darjeeling Tea during meals except at the Champagne Tea Time.

No Chocolate Ice Cream in the Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine now only Vanilla. Use to have Chocolate, Vanilla and Mixed

No Topping for the Ice Cream not even Chocolate or Fruit topping.

Broadwalk Cafe outside not serving Hot Dogs, Hamburgers in a Picnic Setting on Deck 12

Grill Lounge for Grill Passenger on Deck 9 & 10. For two large decks the space a 330-430 can not hold the passengers wanting tea. I know      there is Queens Room.

These are some of the disappointments experienced. We did appreciate the service and food during the rest of the sailing.

Will add more when I review more of the trip.

• Thanks 1

On RC Enchantment of the Seas:  Pro: Indian foods in the buffet at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Overall, they were good, and it was a great way to break up the sameness of eggs/breads/fruits/bacon/yogurt that we might have had in the past.

We went to the dining room for breakfast, for the first time in many years.  We had French toast, and pancakes.  They were 100% better than in the buffet; just fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, shipgeeks said:

We went to the dining room for breakfast, for the first time in many years.  We had French toast, and pancakes.  They were 100% better than in the buffet; just fantastic.

Probably freshly prepared,  The buffet restaurant's offerings, if they have been sitting for awhile, can't compare well.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:51 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

Broadwalk Cafe outside not serving Hot Dogs, Hamburgers in a Picnic Setting on Deck 12

When I sailed on QM2 during a Caribbean cruise, this venue seemed superfluous to me.  What's enjoyable about a "picnic" setting when the deck is so windy where one is sitting?  

I am anticipating reading your thoughts and opinions about your experience on QM2 as a Princess Grill guest.  

Edited by rkacruiser

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

When I sailed on QM2 during a Caribbean cruise, this venue seemed superfluous to me.  What's enjoyable about a "picnic" setting when the deck is so windy where one is sitting?  

I am anticipating reading your thoughts and opinions about your experience on QM2 as a Princess Grill guest.  

Settling in, so will be quite awhile. 

Only think I can say is that the next time we will be booking a cruise it will be Princess from now on. 

And will attempt to get the same table again.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recent cruises? I was just on a cruise that sailed from Quebec City, around New England and ended in NYC........it was 11 nights and I got back last week.  Thinking back,  I had a several excellent meals and a few so-so ones........but I had lunch in the dining room one afternoon and they had a pork chop dish on the menu.......it was FANTASTIC😀 it was actually a breaded/fried chop that was perfectly cooked along with potatoes au gratin and some veggies.......I LOVE a good pork chop and was so taken by this one......was not dry and had a wonderful flavor.  I don't eat in the dining room for lunch too often and this was really delicious😀

Sailed on the Freedom in October 

Guy’s good but nothing special

Steakhouse we loved

MDR one bad meal but good for breakfast 

Hated the buffet 

Dr. Seuss cute but sugary and cold