OBC question

morebeaches

We are very excited to be doing our first B2B March/April of 2024 on The Beyond. Thanks to promotions and CC points, we will have a pretty good bit of OBC (although we all know how fast you can go through that). Since it will be a B2B, can you roll any unused OBC (I know, insert laugh here. Kinda like saying you can take the unfinished wine bottle back to your room, but I digress) can you roll any unused OBC over from the first leg of the B2B to the 2nd leg?

14 minutes ago, morebeaches said:

We are very excited to be doing our first B2B March/April of 2024 on The Beyond. Thanks to promotions and CC points, we will have a pretty good bit of OBC (although we all know how fast you can go through that). Since it will be a B2B, can you roll any unused OBC (I know, insert laugh here. Kinda like saying you can take the unfinished wine bottle back to your room, but I digress) can you roll any unused OBC over from the first leg of the B2B to the 2nd leg?

Two different cruises. Nothing carries over to the second leg. Use it or lose it. 

However, in the past (pre-COVID) we learned that there are 2 types of OBC: refundable and non-refundable. Promotional OBC is usually non-refundable, but OBC from your TA or credit card may be refundable. Non-refundable OBC is used first, and if there is leftover of refundable OBC, you will get a refund heck from Celebrity in the mail a few weeks after the cruise.

Now it's possible that policies may have changed post-COVID... but you could ask at Guest Services whether any of your OB is refundable.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, helenb said:

However, in the past (pre-COVID) we learned that there are 2 types of OBC: refundable and non-refundable. Promotional OBC is usually non-refundable, but OBC from your TA or credit card may be refundable. Non-refundable OBC is used first, and if there is leftover of refundable OBC, you will get a refund heck from Celebrity in the mail a few weeks after the cruise.

Now it's possible that policies may have changed post-COVID... but you could ask at Guest Services whether any of your OB is refundable.

No changes to the OBC refund policies. Celebrity OBC is still non refundable and TA OBC is still refundable. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 12:57 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No, but you can take unfinished wine back to your cabin but I can't figure out how how that would even work. Unfinished wine, unthinkable.

It's easy to figure out -  Take me and my wife for example.  My wife and I drink different types of wine.  She prefers while/sweet wines, whereas I am a red wine and definitely not sweet.  So we each order a bottle of our favorite and fail to finish the whole bottle in one setting.  We would then have left over wine that we could take back to the cabin.  

Full disclosure:  If we don't finish a bottle, we have the store it and serve it to us at our next meal. 

p.s. I know you mean that as rhetorical but I could not resist.