Sky Princess

Damian1

Hi 

I have two questions.

1   I would like to book the sanctuary (adult only area on the Sky princess on our sea days. Please can anyone enlighten me to the process of booking this .

2   This is our first cruise, and we would like to do the formal nights, but I would like to know if a Jacket with a waist coat is ok to attend or do I have to wear a tuxedo.  

Thanks for any help

21 minutes ago, Damian1 said:

Hi 

I have two questions.

1   I would like to book the sanctuary (adult only area on the Sky princess on our sea days. Please can anyone enlighten me to the process of booking this .

2   This is our first cruise, and we would like to do the formal nights, but I would like to know if a Jacket with a waist coat is ok to attend or do I have to wear a tuxedo.  

Thanks for any help

I'm not 100% certain if this has changed, but it used to be that you couldn't book the sanctuary till you were onboard.  I'm sure someone can give better input.

As far as your comment about formal nights, a jacket is fine, you are not required to wear a tuxedo (or jacket for that matter)

You can only book the sanctuary when you are on board. The sanctuary is very popular - I suggest you go there as soon as you board,  even before going to your cabin, in order to try and make your reservations. 

With regards to formal nights, any type of jacket and tie will do, and sone would argue that even a tie is not really required. But, if you are leaving from a UK port, you will find that the Brits will follow the dress code more often than not.

Hi 

I have two questions.

Board early. Go directly to the sanctuary and select your lounge and days. If you are saily on a tropical cruise then expect there will be high demand.

You can wear anything from smart casual to tuxedo. In the Caribbean tux are in the minority.

31 minutes ago, Damian1 said:

Hi 

I have two questions.

1   I would like to book the sanctuary (adult only area on the Sky princess on our sea days. Please can anyone enlighten me to the process of booking this . Depending on the itinerary, the Sanctuary can fill up fast. Go to the Sanctuary ASAP to choose your loungers. Can only do it onboard because you have to pick loungers. $20 for 1/2 day AM or PM, $40 for full day. IIRC there's a discount if you book the whole cruise. "Special" days (Alaska glacier viewing, Panama Canal, etc cost more but come with extra goodies).

2   This is our first cruise, and we would like to do the formal nights, but I would like to know if a Jacket with a waist coat is ok to attend or do I have to wear a tuxedo.  Tux not required. Even the waist coat would be way more than some wear.

Thanks for any help

See above.

29 minutes ago, Damian1 said:

Hi 

I have two questions.

Thanks for any help

To book the Sanctuary, you will want to board as soon as you possibly can (and I mean as EARLY as you possibly can), then race upstairs to the Sanctuary without making a single stop. You can only book on board, and there will be folks with higher Princess status who are permitted to board before you, so they will have first crack at the limited number of Sanctuary loungers. Best of luck, the Sanctuary is wonderful.

Re formal nights, a tuxedo is definitely not required, though perfectly acceptable should you choose to bring one. These days, the majority of passengers don't go beyond "smart casual", and the number of really formally dressed folks is slowly diminishing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

These days, the majority of passengers don't go beyond "smart casual",

I would suggest that is not the case on cruises out of Southampton with a high percentage of Brits on board.

38 minutes ago, Damian1 said:

Hi 

I have two questions.

Thanks for any help

A sunbed in there is $20 half day, $40 per day. A cabina is $140 per day. Give guest services a call once on board.

Formal evening dress code is not rigidly enforced- jacket & tie accepted, though as many people make the effort, I would advise a ‘smart’ appearance, especially if planning to dine in main or speciality rooms in those evenings. Some passengers were never out of track suit and shorts.

12 minutes ago, Supersprog said:

A sunbed in there is $20 half day, $40 per day. A cabina is $140 per day. Give guest services a call once on board.

Guest Services cannot reserve Sanctuary lounges! 

As all the other posters have said, it must be done in person because you are reserving a specific lounger. When you get to the head of the line in the Sanctuary, you will be asked if you want to reserve for the full cruise, whole day(s), or half day(s).  If the latter then you will be asked morning or afternoon.  The staff consults a map of all the lounges for availability and shows them to you.  You pick the one(s) you want.

39 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I would suggest that is not the case on cruises out of Southampton with a high percentage of Brits on board.

Fair enough, I was incorrectly generalizing based on experience around North America. I should have been more specific.  Thanks for the clarification.

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Fair enough, I was incorrectly generalizing based on experience around North America. I should have been more specific.  Thanks for the clarification.

No worries. I am aware that dress code is far more relaxed on N American, Caribbean cruises.