Cut off for booking on board next cruise

odysee

Considering booking  a next cruise with X which starts one day after arriving on TA in FLL, however as we are not sure yet if we can make the 2nd cruise (some issues out of our control), how long can we wait before booking ?
Could we still book on board TA and what is final day to book before start of next cruise ? How long is turn around from booking onboard to our agency ? As non US citizen we can not book directly with Celebrity USA, therefore booking needs to be transferred to US or German agency, unless they make an exception when onboard.  
Has somebody done something similar ?

We have to decide :

book before leaving on TA and risk not being able to go on this (almost) back to back with other X ship,

or wait until onboard with the risk that booking and transfer to agency is then no longer possible.

ps German agency does not know either and I have no contact name with the big box US agency used in past because of staff turnover and difficulties reaching someone knowledgeable or someone at all via phone (long waiting time).

thanks for advice 

Edited by odysee

If I understand you are to be on a cruise and you may wish to turn it into a B2B during the cruise and get the onboard credits etc.

If that is the case, my understanding the deadline is 48 hours prior to sailing of the second cruise.   This due to the manifest of the next must be filed with CBC at that point.   If the ship is sailing with lots of rooms available they often have a posting in the newsletter -  Want to stay aboard for the next cruise and will give you instructions.

If you will be booking with the same agent on the second cruise as the first it is automatically assigned to your agent and as long as he agrees to give you the TA perks you should be good to go

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

Thanks for input.  
We have never been able to book directly with Celebrity US as we are non US residents.  We can make bookings on board, but they have to be transferred to agency.

Now as this is past final payment, normally you need to pay immediately and booking can no longer be transferred I have learned on this board.

So you see my quandary.

I would not be doing it for OBC and it is only a 5 day cruise.  And it is not a real B2B as it starts a day later on another X ship.  We can just not really be sure if we can really go on next cruise until we are already on the TA, we might have to come home earlier and then we would lose the payment for the 2nd cruise.

Well maybe I can make booking by phone call or email to agency from ship.

22 minutes ago, odysee said:

Thanks for input.  
We have never been able to book directly with Celebrity US as we are non US residents.  We can make bookings on board, but they have to be transferred to agency.

Now as this is past final payment, normally you need to pay immediately and booking can no longer be transferred I have learned on this board.

So you see my quandary.

I would not be doing it for OBC and it is only a 5 day cruise.  And it is not a real B2B as it starts a day later on another X ship.  We can just not really be sure if we can really go on next cruise until we are already on the TA, we might have to come home earlier and then we would lose the payment for the 2nd cruise.

There is no problem at all.  If you are on a cruise and book another cruise (doesn't matter if B2B except for 48 hour rule) any new on board booking is automatically credited to the same TA as your current booking.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, odysee said:

If you can't book the cruise with the Future Cruise office on board (and I would bet you could)  then this would be your next option. Perhaps only phone if you are in port, otherwise give your TA an advance heads up on a possible time sensitive email that they may get.