Live review - Reflection 10-31-22 TA

Jazzbo

This is my first time doing a live review, but I have enjoyed so many other live reviews, I decided to give it a go. This is the final lift & shift (starting in 2020, of course). Larry (DH) and I (Vivien) drove to Ft. Lauderdale from Orlando yesterday. We stayed at the new Tru by Hilton in Dania Beach. It’s one of those hotels with minimal services (no bar or restaurant, free breakfast. Free valet parking with Hilton Honors. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. All-in-all, a great place to stay for a night, and great value. Our room was $125 (plus tax) for the night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for taking the time to post a Live Post.   I definitely will be following along.

As others have said it really helps survival between cruises by reading Live Posts.   Hope you have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

I'm sailing Reflection for Thanksgiving - I'm curious to see if they converted the top deck to Retreat or not.

Reflection just came out of Dry Dock and no retreat deck was added.   They painted the hull,  did normal maintenance and sea trials,  refreshed soft goods and looks like some work in the OVC.  

Celebrity currently has all future Revolutions on hold until they return to profitability.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

We're here in Barcelona, pondering tapas options and watching the world go by on the Rambla.

20221027_170739.jpg

Chris,

If you enjoy tapas, try Ciudad Condal.  It is just off of Los Ramblas. It is located at Rambla De Catalunya, 18.  One of our favorites in Barcelona. 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

This is my first time doing a live review, but I have enjoyed so many other live reviews, I decided to give it a go. 

Thanks for doing the live review. We are on a couple of cruises on Reflection after the transatlantic. So, we will be following. 😊

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

Anything look familiar? 😁

20221027_175835.jpg

There was a cheese one with raspberry preserve and I think rolled in nuts or breading on a skewer that was really good a few years ago! 

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 1.29.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 1.29.37 PM.png

Edited by tartana
photos added
  • Like 2

Thanks for the tapa bar recommendation. We will be in Barcelona next week, not on a cruise, but really looking forward to it. We have never been there in November - so it should be an experience 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for taking the time to post a Live Post.   I definitely will be following along.

As others have said it really helps survival between cruises by reading Live Posts.   Hope you have a wonderful cruise. 

Thank you, Jim! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed tagging along with you and Iain on your live reports.

@tartana, those look delicious!

We are at the Delta Sky Club, fortunately in a quiet, not crowded area. They have stopped admitting people until other people leave. When I left to buy a converter (I left ours at home because I knew I didn’t need it onboard, but I forgot about needing it in Barcelona for blow dryer and other hair tools), they gave me a red card to allow me back in. When I came back, there was a very long line!