Isolation cabins on Brittania

AndyMichelle

Hi all, 

Hope you are well. 

Finally feel ready to book a cruise again, so back needing your help. 

I'm sure this question has already been answered but couldn't find anything. 

Just wondering what cabins are currently being used for isolation on Brittania. 

Have a great day, 

Andy

31 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hi all, 

Hope you are well. 

Have a great day, 

Andy

None, you stay in your own cabin now

Nice to hear from you. I hope you are both keeping well 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hi all, 

Hope you are well. 

Have a great day, 

Andy

None in October. I would guess that if folk have some mild symptoms and do a test, they keep it quiet.🤭

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Aah, so seems the advice above has now been superceded... 

This was taken from another site this morning. 

Oh well, we will just have to see where they stick us... 

Andy 

Screenshot_20221102_103128.jpg

G407 is mid deck.  I doubt it is mid forward they will be using.  We were midforward G218 on our last Britannia cruise and the isolation areas were from midship to the rear. Doors were shut from G330 backwards as we could not use the rear lifts without getting out deck 7 and walking to midship.

We are booked for F324 this time around departing 16 December - we just booked a select fare grade GB cabin with sofa on launch day, not a specific one as it was guarantee only on launch.  

From Walkingdude's live report on the transatlantic he has been able to walk up and down both sides of deck 8 with no closed off areas.  I can only assume that quarantine is considered as being needed in January as if there's a large outbreak passengers may have to stay onboard if quarantine facilities are full up - this has happened a few times through the summer months for some US cruise lines' passengers.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

G407 is mid deck.  I doubt it is mid forward they will be using.  We were midforward G218 on our last Britannia cruise and the isolation areas were from midship to the rear. Doors were shut from G330 backwards as we could not use the rear lifts without getting out deck 7 and walking to midship.

We are booked for F324 this time around departing 16 December - we just booked a select fare grade GB cabin with sofa on launch day, not a specific one as it was guarantee only on launch.  

From Walkingdude's live report on the transatlantic he has been able to walk up and down both sides of deck 8 with no closed off areas.  I can only assume that quarantine is considered as being needed in January as if there's a large outbreak passengers may have to stay onboard if quarantine facilities are full up - this has happened a few times through the summer months for some US cruise lines' passengers.

Hi. I know Walkingdudes is giving time to help us all but one factor is not being considered and that is location.When we caught it there were no isolation cabins in the balcony's. You had to stay in your own cabin if it was a balcony. This means there was not a specific area for isolation. On our area  there were three cabins occupied by  people who had a positive outcome This was deck D and the three were in a small area of 8 cabins and were not blocked off (hence our being able to beg for certain 'medicines' from fellow passengers as they passed by) As far as we could see, there were no red dots on our cabins. This points to the fact that unless one walks on every corridor on every deck then there is no way to check. We are all grateful for his checking so far and I would certainly not expect further checks to  take away time from his holiday.Thank you Walkingdude and all others who are posting with their problems.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Hi. I know Walkingdudes is giving time to help us all but one factor is not being considered and that is location.When we caught it there were no isolation cabins in the balcony's. You had to stay in your own cabin if it was a balcony. This means there was not a specific area for isolation. On our area  there were three cabins occupied by  people who had a positive outcome This was deck D and the three were in a small area of 8 cabins and were not blocked off (hence our being able to beg for certain 'medicines' from fellow passengers as they passed by) As far as we could see, there were no red dots on our cabins. This points to the fact that unless one walks on every corridor on every deck then there is no way to check. We are all grateful for his checking so far and I would certainly not expect further checks to  take away time from his holiday.Thank you Walkingdude and all others who are posting with their problems.

I appreciate what you are saying, however my post was in connection with the fact someone on a January cruise had been moved from their cabin on deck 8 to make an isolation cabin.

A Caribbean fly cruise will have a totally different set up to your ex Southampton one due to the necessity to handle passengers who are positive towards the end of their trip.  Presumably the cabin you were isolated in would in the case of the Caribbean be needed for a new passenger for the next two weeks.  You would not therefore be able to fly home if still testing positive and therefore would need to continue to quarantine and free up the room.

Unless quarantine ashore occurs you would need to stay onboard, presumably.  My guess is that deck 8 will once more be used for this purpose and that's why G407 was changed to be used.

Just a guess, but I would say logical, particularly in light of the lady who was caught by covid at the end of her Azura fly cruise reporting they went round a second time before bring quarantined in Malta.

I agree Walkingdude is doing us proud in his detective work!

Edited by Megabear2

Just as a final note on the B225 cruise, I did walk the corridors on all accommodation decks several times, up to and including 2 days before disembarkation. There were no visible signs of any big C problems, such as regular room service food trays, any red dots, any restricted areas. If there were cases on board, they were either minimal or, as I believe, were not being reported by the pax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkingdude said:

Just as a final note on the B225 cruise, I did walk the corridors on all accommodation decks several times, up to and including 2 days before disembarkation. There were no visible signs of any big C problems, such as regular room service food trays, any red dots, any restricted areas. If there were cases on board, they were either minimal or, as I believe, were not being reported by the pax.

Just out of interest did you see the sun on your cruise. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1