Coke products

janpa70

14 minutes ago, EvanBedar said:

Hmmm.... The Prima was christened on August 27, 2022 with the first paying cruise commencing afterward.

We sailed on the Breakaway on August 14, 2022 and we had Coke products already (the Breakaway switched from Pepsi to Coke during the week of August 8, 2022). 

So,,, Your "incorrect" is incorrect. Ships were serving Coke products before the Prima.

@YVRteacher is correct. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, janpa70 said:

We are going to be on the Pearl in February and the Bliss in May. Can anyone please tell me what coke products are on the ship? Not a coke fan but will deal with it for our cruise.

What specifically are you looking for?  Coke? Diet Coke? Coke Zero? Sprite? Diet Sprite?

The mini-freestyle machine has Fanta, Ginger Ale and Lemonade.

The change to Coke products in August was significant improvement over Pepsi. 

image.thumb.png.a4dbaea175a5f6747e8c4fa086f095dd.png

12 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

On the Epic recently, the waitress in one of the specialty restaurants said they have already switched back to Pepsi.  She said Coke only lasted a short time because the Pepsi drinkers complained.  I can't vouch for accuracy, but this is what she said.

Nah they wouldn’t switch back in a few weeks 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm.... The Prima was christened on August 27, 2022 with the first paying cruise commencing afterward.

We sailed on the Breakaway on August 14, 2022 and we had Coke products already (the Breakaway switched from Pepsi to Coke during the week of August 8, 2022). 

So,,, Your "incorrect" is incorrect. Ships were serving Coke products before the Prima.

@YVRteacher is correct. 

Ah now we have TWO wrongs.  But that doesn’t make you right.  

@kasimir already addressed your bad Bliss info.  As to how you got your hands on some Coke on the Breakaway?   Well, we only have your word for that.  

https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-beverage-partnership-with-coca-cola-during-norwegian-primas-christening-voyage?fbclid=IwAR28Rid4loznrL6ZlUG1wVsfHpV49mLri8qJsj9hzVgDgtuRYC_unjTYmx4

1 hour ago, EvanBedar said:

Ah now we have TWO wrongs.  But that doesn’t make you right.  

@kasimir already addressed your bad Bliss info.  As to how you got your hands on some Coke on the Breakaway?   Well, we only have your word for that.  

https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-beverage-partnership-with-coca-cola-during-norwegian-primas-christening-voyage?fbclid=IwAR28Rid4loznrL6ZlUG1wVsfHpV49mLri8qJsj9hzVgDgtuRYC_unjTYmx4

So some advice,,,, just because it is on the internet, does not make it true. And posting the article a second time does nothing to substantiate your position.

I was on the Norwegian Breakaway, two weeks before the christening of the Prima and it's maiden voyage mentioned in the article, and I live-posted that they had already switch to Coke products. So, no, the Prima was not the first ship to serve Coke products to paying customers. 

image.png.eb8b692d45f154460830979ae92b26f8.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So some advice,,,, just because it is on the internet, does not make it true. And posting the article a second time does nothing to substantiate your position.

I was on the Norwegian Breakaway, two weeks before the christening of the Prima and it's maiden voyage mentioned in the article, and I live-posted that they had already switch to Coke products. So, no, the Prima was not the first ship to serve Coke products to paying customers. 

image.png.eb8b692d45f154460830979ae92b26f8.png

honestly, it's how you want to read the article.  It doesn't necessarily say that the Prima would be the first ship to sail with ***** products.  It says that it would be the first ship to have Coke products as the official drink.  so they could have made it "the official drink" upon signing the deal with Coca-Cola.  it's all marketing anyway

12 hours ago, EvanBedar said:

And I read this as the first ship to only have coke products and that no changing over from Pepsi.

Different companies with different soda guns different pre-mix containers.  Cans can be changed at any time. Coming to your next NCL ship soon.

8 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

And I read this as the first ship to only have coke products and that no changing over from Pepsi.

Different companies with different soda guns different pre-mix containers.  Cans can be changed at any time. Coming to your next NCL ship soon.

Yes, and two weeks before the Prima made it's maiden voyage, the Breakaway was totally switched over. It was a full switch with all of the soda guns at the bars had been replaced with Coke guns and coke products in cans were available. Much more than plugging in coke syrup to dispensers. 

Edited by BirdTravels