Is there a charge for Solarium Bistro at dinner time on Symphony?

stipmom

Solarium Bistro is complimentary for dinner, but you must have a reservation.

We recently used and reserved through the app.

The staff were very strict and did not seat anyone who did not have a reservation

Enjoy!

and for the special few that did not need a reservation, bless your hearts ♥️ 

Star Class can reserve through their Genie 🧞‍♀️ 

Edited by PompeySailor

13 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

OP asked about Symphony.

Im interested as to why an up charge on Anthem, do you have the menu , and how long ago were they charging 

Thanks 

We just got off the Anthem. We didn't eat dinner there this trip but I believe it was still there.  We ate there in 2019 and some main course items an up charge. No up charge on appetizers,  salads, desserts.  Just a few main course items.  If you don't choose those items, then no up charges. The menu is no longer on my app.

• Thanks 1

We have had awful experiences with the Solarium for dinner. Yes, we have had the constant pestering by waiters to upgrade to a lobster dinner ("Cheapest lobster on the ship"). But the food across multiple ships has been consistently bad. While the menus sounds wonderful, they hold the food so long it is totally dried out (crunchy rice.... eeewww). We've ended up at the WJ after every Solarium meal we have had. 

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We have had awful experiences with the Solarium for dinner. Yes, we have had the constant pestering by waiters to upgrade to a lobster dinner ("Cheapest lobster on the ship"). But the food across multiple ships has been consistently bad. While the menus sounds wonderful, they hold the food so long it is totally dried out (crunchy rice.... eeewww). We've ended up at the WJ after every Solarium meal we have had. 

I can honestly say the last two times we have been, never even knew there were up charge items, and were never offered.

We were never pestered either by any staff, it was very casual and enjoyable.

The DW loves her lamb and we love Mediterranean food, so food being subjective (good for some not so good for others)

We have a real pig out and find the food pleasant and a nice alternative to the WJ, couple glasses of wine and chill in a different setting 

We typically  do speciality and a little CK when on Oasis class, 

Solarium Bistro just a nice change to mix things up.

YMMV

And always good to hear others perspective 👍🏻

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

I can honestly say the last two times we have been, never even knew there were up charge items, and were never offered.

We were never pestered either by any staff, it was very casual and enjoyable.

The DW loves her lamb and we love Mediterranean food, so food being subjective (good for some not so good for others)

We have a real pig out and find the food pleasant and a nice alternative to the WJ, couple glasses of wine and chill in a different setting 

We typically  do speciality and a little CK when on Oasis class, 

Solarium Bistro just a nice change to mix things up.

YMMV

And always good to hear others perspective 👍🏻

Happy Days!

^^^^^  THIS.

We have a Symphony cruise in December and I do remember seeing a few upcharge items on the menu in the app.  I just went to check it and the menu for the Solarium has totally disappeared.  Not sure what that means????

Edited by rebeccac
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rebeccac said:

We have a Symphony cruise in December and I do remember seeing a few upcharge items on the menu in the app.  I just went to check it and the menu for the Solarium has totally disappeared.  Not sure what that means????

I do see Premium Selections for the current Symphony sailing

like you I do not see a menu for the sailing we are on, we must have been oblivious that they were even an option for a complimentary dining experience.

lobster $29.95

filet $16.”5

These are also on MDR menus everyday, even on the rare occasion we eat in the MDR no one has ever even mentioned these items or tried to upsell.

For the OP, apologies for the tangent 

Solarium Bistro is complimentary FREE, unless you want to not make it FREE 😉