LIVE from Discovery Nov. 5 - Nov. 14, 2022 - including Sky Suite experience

HBCcruiser

On 11/2/2022 at 11:46 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Thanks for the info! I have received emails and an itinerary update from Thor, the land based concierge. He said Vanessa should be contacting us soon via WhatsApp. I’ll definitely keep you posted. It’s funny, he seems really worried that we are doing an independent tour on the overnight day. Thor reminded me that the last tender is at midnight (I’ve heard 10:30 PM from FB peeps).

I think they train them at Princess to discourage independent touring and encourage buying ship tours.  If the quality independent companies didn't get people back in time, they would quickly be out of business. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hazelnut1106 said:

Just received a phone call from Princess offering to sign me up for the new 360 experience - at no additional cost. However it would not include my traveling companion so I declined. No desire to ‘enjoy a special experience’ and desert my friend.

Thats a bummer, I wonder why they wouldn't include your mate. I wish they would call me!

• Like 1

I am on Discovery right now, the last day of the 7 day cruise.  I will stay on for the next 2 cruises (11/5-11/14).  So far, the internet is okay, not super fast, but acceptable.

I asked Passenger Service, and was told this cruise has about 3400 passengers.  Also around 3400 passengers for the 11/5-11/10 cruise.  I will wait until 11/9 to ask for the 11/10-11/14 cruise.  I was told there will only be 149 passengers on this cruise that will be staying for the next cruise (11/5-11/10).

So many people everywhere.  Almost impossible to find tables in the morning for buffet breakfast.  Even without reservations, never waited more than 5 minutes for a table for 2 people for lunch or dinner at the dining rooms.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just heard from Vanessa. She said everything is set for us and that we will meet around 10:30 AM to board. She admitted that the internet is not that great but we should be able to WiFi call, text and email fine. I’m not sure about uploading photos but we shall see. The 360 experience should be a go too! It is starting to feel real! 🥳🥳🤩

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I am on Discovery right now, the last day of the 7 day cruise.  I will stay on for the next 2 cruises (11/5-11/14).  So far, the internet is okay, not super fast, but acceptable.

I asked Passenger Service, and was told this cruise has about 3400 passengers.  Also around 3400 passengers for the 11/5-11/10 cruise.  I will wait until 11/9 to ask for the 11/10-11/14 cruise.  I was told there will only be 149 passengers on this cruise that will be staying for the next cruise (11/5-11/10).

So many people everywhere.  Almost impossible to find tables in the morning for buffet breakfast.  Even without reservations, never waited more than 5 minutes for a table for 2 people for lunch or dinner at the dining rooms.  

See you onboard! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hazelnut1106 said:

Just received a phone call from Princess offering to sign me up for the new 360 experience - at no additional cost. However it would not include my traveling companion so I declined. No desire to ‘enjoy a special experience’ and desert my friend.

I just got that same call. Just like you, it was only for me. There are six of us traveling in four different cabins.  Who wants to go alone if you are traveling with others. Had I been solo, I would have done it. 
we are all packed and ready to go now. Cleaned up the house so that we can come home to a lovely clean house. 
I do need to cut my boyfriend’s hair tonight. My first occupation prior to being in IT for the last thirty years. 
see you guys on board.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

so full capacity by now, we were spoiled on the previous post covid cruises

• Like 1

Great pictures of the sunsets!  I love watching the sunset.  Especially with wine.  And it doesn't get any better than having both in the picture.

Glad Vanessa got back to you and confirmed 360.  Both Vanessa's are great.

Have a wonderful cruise, will be following along!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

‘Twas the night before cruising and all through the house not a passenger was sleeping especially the spouse. 😂😂

Cheers everyone! See those sailing soon. 🥂🥂

F212CDD4-B9E0-4165-AB8A-B3B853650963.jpeg

Cheers see you on board!!

We got a call from Princess also regarding the 360 extravaganza...woot 🍾

I wasn't looking at my calendar but instead looking at my medallion app and mistakenly said we would go on the same day that the bar crawl is planned. We will still meet at the first place to cheers but will probably have to leave after that. Unfortunately we are on only for the 5 days and I sure wish it was more!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, culvercitycruiser said:

I just got that same call. Just like you, it was only for me. There are six of us traveling in four different cabins.  Who wants to go alone if you are traveling with others. Had I been solo, I would have done it. 
we are all packed and ready to go now. Cleaned up the house so that we can come home to a lovely clean house. 
I do need to cut my boyfriend’s hair tonight. My first occupation prior to being in IT for the last thirty years. 
see you guys on board.  

I also got that 360 call tonight and seemed like it was also included for my travelling companion. I am confused now....and she will surely be disappointed if not included. Any info on the surprise? Had hoped it was Luminiere.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, omynameistaken said:

Cheers see you on board!!

We got a call from Princess also regarding the 360 extravaganza...woot 🍾

I wasn't looking at my calendar but instead looking at my medallion app and mistakenly said we would go on the same day that the bar crawl is planned. We will still meet at the first place to cheers but will probably have to leave after that. Unfortunately we are on only for the 5 days and I sure wish it was more!!

If the bar crawl is the same time I may turn it over to someone else. OR we do it another day??

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

If the bar crawl is the same time I may turn it over to someone else. OR we do it another day??

You will probably be given a choice of days and a time. They offered us sun-wed 5:00 or 7:45. We chose the 8th at 5pm because we have a balcony dinner on the overnight in Cabo and 2 specialty dinners the other nights. It would be fun if you could do it the same time and date  🍸🍹🍷 though 🥳

We're up for a pub Crawl anytime!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, omynameistaken said:

You will probably be given a choice of days and a time. They offered us sun-wed 5:00 or 7:45. We chose the 8th at 5pm because we have a balcony dinner on the overnight in Cabo and 2 specialty dinners the other nights. It would be fun if you could do it the same time and date  🍸🍹🍷 though 🥳

We're up for a pub Crawl anytime!!

Vanessa is going to schedule it based on the itinerary we gave her. I hope we can all be together! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omynameistaken said:

So Sunday we "fall back" but does Cabo, or do they stay on DST? 

No clue. I’m sick of this time change crap! Leave it at the current time. Lighter later IMO! I guess we will find out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cabo is currently on Mountain Standard Time so it is currently the same as Pacific Daylight Time. I would guess ship will keep the clocks the same until you leave Cabo then shift you back to PST. 

Have fun. 
Bob

• Thanks 1