Disembarking with luggage

Poppie55

Be aware that not all disembarkment ports are terminal facilities. That may means your only way off the ship, with all your luggage is down the stairs on the ramp, often from Deck 5. The lower deck options may not be available when the ship first docks.

So the question becomes, can you manage all your luggage and carry on materials down the steps of the gangway? The ship does not have crew there to assist you. They are off loading checked baggage to the designated luggage area.

• Haha 1

I will disembark in Miami after a 14 day cruise and carry off my rolling duffel and carryon bag myself. I never have my luggage collected the night before and put in the terminal to claim. Maybe someday I will need help with my luggage but not yet.

7 hours ago, Guest said:

Alcpa1, we are disembarking in Southampton. Thanks!

We disembarked in Southampton by walking off with our luggage and there was absolutely no issues. The terminal has the ramps for ease of walking and with our luggage (on rollers) it was easy and quick to exit the terminal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

We disembarked in Southampton by walking off with our luggage and there was absolutely no issues. The terminal has the ramps for ease of walking and with our luggage (on rollers) it was easy and quick to exit the terminal.

We did the same in September.  No issues as there is a ramp.

• Haha 1