Alaska Cruise Tour land portion and the need for distilled water

Lazz

I have a medical condition that requires me to use 16 ounces of distilled water a day for a nasal rinse.  The ship will provide me with an ample supply, but how can I deal with the need while on the land portion?   It would be very awkward lugging a big bottle of water on and off busses and trains every day.  Can I request distilled water from each hotel I stay at every night?  Thanks in advance for your advice. 

How many days is your land portion?

Yes, a gallon would be a lot to carry and then last 8 days.  How about filling two liter bottles before leaving the ship, which would be roughly 68 ounces and last four days, a typical land portion. Fifth day, a half liter, 17 oz bottle. Bulk reduces with time.

6 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

How many days is your land portion?

Yes, a gallon would be a lot to carry and then last 8 days.  How about filling two liter bottles before leaving the ship, which would be roughly 68 ounces and last four days, a typical land portion. Fifth day, a half liter, 17 oz bottle. Bulk reduces with time.

I am doing the Land portion first. 7 days land followed by the cruise.  I was thinking of contacting each of the lodges and request distilled water for the room.  

4 hours ago, Lazz said:

I am doing the Land portion first. 7 days land followed by the cruise.  I was thinking of contacting each of the lodges and request distilled water for the room.  

This may very well be your best course of action.  Speaking directly with someone at each hotel/lodge let's you get "the straight scoop"...even if they have to charge you a small fee to supply it.

• Like 1