AMEX OFFER ADDERD TO MY CARD IS NOW GONE!

victory2020

Has this happened to anyone else? I added the offer to both my & my husband's card & now his is gone! I called Amex & they couldn't see anything regarding offer on his card. I had even checked it in the interim since I'm so careful with these offers. I am so bummed!

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Has this happened to anyone else? I added the offer to both my & my husband's card & now his is gone! I called Amex & they couldn't see anything regarding offer on his card. I had even checked it in the interim since I'm so careful with these offers. I am so bummed!

Did you make a pdf of a document showing you "had that perk", or at least a screen save?

We are beyond religious about making pdf copies of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, and it's surprising some of the times it has come in *really* handy!

... times like what you are experiencing, alas...

(And with financial transactions:  "But I had a confirmation of that purchase!"  sometimes followed by, "Where shall I send a copy of the printout of that confirmation...?")

I hope it pops back up.

Do you have *any* documentation that you "had it"?

GC

59 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Did you make a pdf of a document showing you "had that perk", or at least a screen save?

We are beyond religious about making pdf copies of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, and it's surprising some of the times it has come in *really* handy!

... times like what you are experiencing, alas...

(And with financial transactions:  "But I had a confirmation of that purchase!"  sometimes followed by, "Where shall I send a copy of the printout of that confirmation...?")

I hope it pops back up.

Do you have *any* documentation that you "had it"?

GC

Unfortunately no documentation. I now know to take a screen shot of every important offer. I went to the offer the day you had to load it by & it was there. A lot of good that does now!

8 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Unfortunately no documentation. I now know to take a screen shot of every important offer. I went to the offer the day you had to load it by & it was there. A lot of good that does now!

Yeah, we learned to do that *all* the time, the hard way.  It took more than "one" try, duh!

For something especially important or valuable, I might take a quick pdf copy/screen save of the "offer" and then again when my account shows the completed "purchase" or whatever.

Usually, it isn't needed, but then sometimes...

Now, in your case, perhaps it will show up?

Another possibility is that the transaction was never fully completed.  I've done that a few times, such as saving the screen that shows the purchase I am *going* to make, but, uhhhh, there's never one that shows "completed transaction".  My bad! 😠

GC

3 hours ago, stefmaia said:

@victory2020One last suggestion, if you are looking at your offers on the AMEX App, look in the "added to card" section, because if you saved it, it wont be in the "available offers" area any more.

One minor correction, it can be saved and still available if it is available to use more than 1 time. Those of course are not the large ones of several hundred dollars, but rather small ones like the one I have now for Peacock for $4.99.

8 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I know that if I download any offer on my everyday card it disappears from my husband's card and all the other Amex cards I have.  I know some have said they can get the offer on two cards but apparently I can't.

My experience is that you used to be able to do that. (We once used an offer twice for a HAL cruise). But I do remember reading that they stopped allowing that.

I would guess you or your husband are a secondary cardholder on the same account. If that's the case, as soon as you added it the 2nd time, it disappeared from the first card. If you have separate accounts, you can both add and use the offer.

Edited by Greygooser