Can't View Shore Excursions Unless you Book or Put a Hold on a Sailing

shirazcruiser

In the past, I always viewed the "Celebrity Cruises Shore Excursion Brochure" to see the available tours to help decide if we wanted to book a sailing.  This option is no longer available so I called Celebrity and was informed the ONLY way to view excursions was to "book" or put a "hold" on a sailing.  Does anyone know any other way to view ship excursions?  Sounds like Celebrity is trying to make you commit to a cruise in an effort to get more information on the sailing. 

20 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

In the past, I always viewed the "Celebrity Cruises Shore Excursion Brochure" to see the available tours to help decide if we wanted to book a sailing.  This option is no longer available so I called Celebrity and was informed the ONLY way to view excursions was to "book" or put a "hold" on a sailing.  Does anyone know any other way to view ship excursions?  Sounds like Celebrity is trying to make you commit to a cruise in an effort to get more information on the sailing. 

I get where you're coming from about this. I mostly wanted to find out this info to get an idea of what Royal Caribbean's beverage package pricing is before deciding on a booking, which is how I found this "hack".

Here's the trick to view cruise planner items (including shore excursions) without having to be booked on the cruise. This same trick works for Royal Caribbean cruises since they run off the same system.

It just involves a little URL parameter adjusting.

Here's the base URL for the beverage package page (you can navigate to any other cruise planner page from there as you normally would):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode={ShipCode}&sailDate={YYYYMMDD}

1. Simply replace the {ShipCode} portion of the URL with the ship code you're looking for. You can find the ship code by doing a search with on the main "Find A Cruise" page and filter down to the ship you're looking for. The 2 letter ship code will then be shown at the end the URL for that filtered page.

2. Also replace the {YYYYMMDD} with the sail date of the cruise you want to look at. 4 digit year, 2 digit month and day.

3. Sign out from the celebrity website before entering the url. I think it blocks you from viewing if you're logged in.

So, for example the url for the cruise planner for the Dec 30, 2023 Celebrity Apex sailing would be:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=AX&sailDate=20231230

Hope this gets you what you need! Note they do add excursions to book closer to the sailing date.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I get where you're coming from about this. I mostly wanted to find out this info to get an idea of what Royal Caribbean's beverage package pricing is before deciding on a booking, which is how I found this "hack".

Oh my gosh, thank you for taking the time to type out all of the steps...it worked!!!!!  That was so kind of you!  I just copied and pasted your URL and changed the ship and sail date...how clever!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I just search cruises, hit itinerary, and then shore excursions.  I then select the port and view the excursions.   I do the same thing to get flight quotes.

I use both Chrome & Edge browsers and when I click on flights, I can view flights/prices.  However, when I click on excursions... I can view a brief description of the excursions, but not the price, duration, departure time or complete details. Are you able to view price, etc?

32 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I use both Chrome & Edge browsers and when I click on flights, I can view flights/prices.  However, when I click on excursions... I can view a brief description of the excursions, but not the price, duration, departure time or complete details. Are you able to view price, etc?

No, I can just review a summary.  I did not realize you were looking for all the details prior to booking.

Sorry for misleading you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 7:47 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Here's the trick to view cruise planner items (including shore excursions) without having to be booked on the cruise. This same trick works for Royal Caribbean cruises since they run off the same system.

Here's the base URL for the beverage package page (you can navigate to any other cruise planner page from there as you normally would):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode={ShipCode}&sailDate={YYYYMMDD}

1. Simply replace the {ShipCode} portion of the URL with the ship code you're looking for. You can find the ship code by doing a search with on the main "Find A Cruise" page and filter down to the ship you're looking for. The 2 letter ship code will then be shown at the end the URL for that filtered page.

2. Also replace the {YYYYMMDD} with the sail date of the cruise you want to look at. 4 digit year, 2 digit month and day.

3. Sign out from the celebrity website before entering the url. I think it blocks you from viewing if you're logged in.

So, for example the url for the cruise planner for the Dec 30, 2023 Celebrity Apex sailing would be:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=AX&sailDate=20231230

Hope this gets you what you need! Note they do add excursions to book closer to the sailing date.

Thank you.  I just booked 2 newly released sailings last week and the Apr 2024 Summit Panama Canal sailing does not have its shore excursions released yet.  I tried out your hack to see the shorex offerings for the Apr 2023 Millennium Panama Canal cruise and it worked perfectly.  Again, thank you.

One irony is that the other cruise we booked--Solstice Transpacific waaay out in Apr 2025--has its shorex offerings loaded! 

Edited by mahdnc

On 11/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Thank you for the excellent work around.  Why would Celebrity/Royal not promote there offerings to customers?  Promoting shore excursion, beverage packages to entice and excite the customer is good marketing.

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

This has worked for Celebrity, but I tried it for RCCL and I must have done something wrong.  I copied your link and changed it to Royal Caribbean,  the ship to JS for Jewel of the Seas (not sure it that is the correct abbreviation) and 5-30-24 sailing.  Could you kindly tell me if I have it correct for the sailing I'm looking for?  Thank you.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=JS&sailDate20240530

5 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

This has worked for Celebrity, but I tried it for RCCL and I must have done something wrong.  I copied your link and changed it to Royal Caribbean,  the ship to JS for Jewel of the Seas (not sure it that is the correct abbreviation) and 5-30-24 sailing.  Could you kindly tell me if I have it correct for the sailing I'm looking for?  Thank you.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=JS&sailDate20240530

The code for Jewel of the Seas is JW.  You were also missing an = symbol before the sail date digits.  Here's the link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/shorex?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=JW&sailDate=20240530

It does appear they haven't loaded anything for this sailing yet.

26 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Thank you for responding so quickly as I see my error.  Can you tell me how to find the 2 letter abbreviations for both RCCL and Celebrity ships?    When I tried the same JOS sailing for 6-17-23, no planner appeared and it's less than 5 months away.  I used the following:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/shorex?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=JW&sailDate=20230617

4 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you for responding so quickly as I see my error.  Can you tell me how to find the 2 letter abbreviations for both RCCL and Celebrity ships?    When I tried the same JOS sailing for 6-17-23, no planner appeared and it's less than 5 months away.  I used the following:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/shorex?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=JW&sailDate=20230617

I was using Chrome and went over to Edge and it worked for the June 2023 sailing.!!!!!  Thank you  - I am still interested in the  2 letter ship codes  since I can't seem to get them right.  I was looking at an Celebrity Infinity sailing and IN didn't work.  

24 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I was using Chrome and went over to Edge and it worked for the June 2023 sailing.!!!!!  Thank you  - I am still interested in the  2 letter ship codes  since I can't seem to get them right.  I was looking at an Celebrity Infinity sailing and IN didn't work.  

You can find the two letter ship codes by going to the royal caribbean or celebrity site and filtering down to the ship you're looking for.  Once filtered, the two letter code will be within the URL of that page.

image.thumb.png.46abf79a282af91dddafb72a2bd96ec2.png

Remember that you need to be logged out of the cruise planner in order for this trick to work.

6 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

You can find the two letter ship codes by going to the royal caribbean or celebrity site and filtering down to the ship you're looking for.  Once filtered, the two letter code will be within the URL of that page.

image.thumb.png.46abf79a282af91dddafb72a2bd96ec2.png

Remember that you need to be logged out of the cruise planner in order for this trick to work.

Oh...you are too much!  Thank you - it worked!  It's pathetic you have to do a "work around" to find RCCL and Celebrity excursions unlike Princess.  You would think the cruiselines would want to try to "sell" the sailing by advertising all of the tours available.  After looking at the tours for the 2023 sailing, I'm currently on hold to book the 2024 sailing.  You have been so helpful! 

4 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Oh...you are too much!  Thank you - it worked!  It's pathetic you have to do a "work around" to find RCCL and Celebrity excursions unlike Princess.  You would think the cruiselines would want to try to "sell" the sailing by advertising all of the tours available.  After looking at the tours for the 2023 sailing, I'm currently on hold to book the 2024 sailing.  You have been so helpful! 

100% agree.  You're very welcome!