Black Friday any news on a sale

zippy222

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Look at the offers today. It will be the same on the 25th, but called a Black Friday sale. 

Don't forget the pre-black Friday sale, the pre-pre-black Friday sale and the extended black- Friday and early Christmas sales.

• Haha 10

Check one of our existing bookings (still outside final payment window/deadline to cancel or change ... something we usually don't do in planning that far ahead) and saw a price drop with the "current" 50% sale, instead of the usual 40% off or 70% off the 2nd pax FAS promo ... not a big saving, but nevertheless, worth the call into NCL directly.  Agent was cheerful & in just a few minutes, re-priced and made the change with the newly lowered price, no changes to the perks selected, kept the same cabin, etc. - emailed the confirmation w. amenities, etc.  Done - saved about $120 on a 7 nighter, not bad, some of it due to overall price drop across most categories.  

In short, don't sit & wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday cause, I haven't seen any real deals in past years ... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rikitikitavii said:

Just did a fake booking, surprise, surprise, the final price is the same as last week, without the 2nd passenger free!!

Last week was 50% off of both, so it's the same. Just like RCL does their drink packages.

• Like 2

Why should there be sales?  NCL can saying anything they want when it comes to prices to convince you to think it is a deal.   NCL says sailing at about 80%.  Why would they discount when they limit the number of cabins?  Supply and demand.  NCL will charge more closer to the sailing.  Then NCL will always be willing to squeeze in another two cabins.  Then NCL increases to 85%.  Still no sales.   Cruisers want to try to compare prices prior to covid.  Not so more.  More cruisers are coming back to take that cabin you are interested in.  

If you see a price you like then book it.   Like you would if you were to purchase a new TV or appliance.  You buy it you don't wait.  So people put down that deposit.  If not you will just have to wait and wish for prices to come down.  I have know idea what kind of budget you all have but I bet it is different than mine.  There is always the next cruise at a price that I think is reasonable and of value. 

6 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

Why should there be sales?  NCL can saying anything they want when it comes to prices to convince you to think it is a deal.   NCL says sailing at about 80%.  Why would they discount when they limit the number of cabins?  Supply and demand.  NCL will charge more closer to the sailing.  Then NCL will always be willing to squeeze in another two cabins.  Then NCL increases to 85%.  Still no sales.   Cruisers want to try to compare prices prior to covid.  Not so more.  More cruisers are coming back to take that cabin you are interested in.  

If you see a price you like then book it.   Like you would if you were to purchase a new TV or appliance.  You buy it you don't wait.  So people put down that deposit.  If not you will just have to wait and wish for prices to come down.  I have know idea what kind of budget you all have but I bet it is different than mine.  There is always the next cruise at a price that I think is reasonable and of value. 

Meh, don't compare it to appliances. Stores have price match guarantees for a reason. 

You like the price? Book it. Don't like the price? Don't book it. Yea, you're right...but I'm also going to do the absolute best to save some money in the process. You don't mind NCL making money. But you seem to mind people saving money. Saving is the way to wealth. I think I'll keep on that route, but thanks for your non-advice. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Meh, don't compare it to appliances. Stores have price match guarantees for a reason. 

You like the price? Book it. Don't like the price? Don't book it. Yea, you're right...but I'm also going to do the absolute best to save some money in the process. You don't mind NCL making money. But you seem to mind people saving money. Saving is the way to wealth. I think I'll keep on that route, but thanks for your non-advice. 

I love it when people think they are saving money when they make a purchase.  Sales never save people money.  They get people to spend.  I have no problem with people playing the lowest price possible.  But the only way you actually "save money" is to not make the purchase.  Keep it in the bank to acquire wealth. You buy something you are out finances.   So you think you may have saved $2000 on that Haven cabin.  But you forget to mention the $7000 out of your pocket. You saved nothing.  You just made a purchase that was reasonable to you.

Good for the people that think they saved.  NCL is just waiting for the them again, again and again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

I love it when people think they are saving money when they make a purchase.  Sales never save people money.  They get people to spend.  I have no problem with people playing the lowest price possible.  But the only way you actually "save money" is to not make the purchase.  Keep it in the bank to acquire wealth. You buy something you are out finances.   So you think you may have saved $2000 on that Haven cabin.  But you forget to mention the $7000 out of your pocket. You saved nothing.  You just made a purchase that was reasonable to you.

Good for the people that think they saved.  NCL is just waiting for the them again, again and again.

Ahh, that was your point. It was muddled in your first one. Anyone that thinks NCL (or other lines) is offering a sale on fares is woefully inept at figuring out how corporations use marketing. I'll agree with you now that I understand your point. 

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Anyone with experience in marketing will tell you the quickest way to make a sale is to convince the customer he's getting something for free.

Duh.  But what about me a Walmart shopper.   We the people making the purchase still have to believe we are getting value.  Most cruisers book and wait till their cruise.  Only the few of us on CC know that you have to keep monitoring prices so to get better value.  A different "sale" happens and the price went down.  The more you cruise, hopefully the more value you get.  Unless you booked the cabin next to you, the people on either side of you paid different prices under the same circumstances.  So for the people who are waiting for the "sale" to purchase a cruise from NCL, you are just fooling yourselves.  Do more research.  So the next time someone says they saved ask them how much they spent.

That is why CC is here for the newbies.  They are just happy to be researching for a cruise at the best value for them.

1 minute ago, pickle11 said:

Most cruisers book and wait till their cruise.  Only the few of us on CC know that you have to keep monitoring prices so to get better value. 

We, the experienced ones, need to frequently inform the new guys that they can reprice the cruise.  That's a new concept for too many.

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We, the experienced ones, need to frequently inform the new guys that they can reprice the cruise.  That's a new concept for too many.

I'm still learning things on CC. Even with my sarcasm.   I have taken many cruises since the restart   Lots of changes from then until now.  And with the lifting off pretty much all restriction maybe my Bliss cruise the month will be the first back to normal one. 

But the only way I learn is to be wrong.  And I am wrong all the time.....Once 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pickle11 said:

.   NCL says sailing at about 80%.  Why would they discount when they limit the number of cabins?  Supply and demand.  NCL will charge more closer to the sailing.  

This is incorrect.

NCL is sailing at 80% occupancy because they can not fill ships. Johnny public has not yet returned to cruising at pre-pandemic rates. NCL has stated they do not expect to return to pre-pandemic rates until late spring 2023. 

This is further evidenced by the incredible  last minute discounts being offered. 7 day cruises can be had for $349 Inside and $549 in a balcony. You don’t see those last minute rates when ships are selling well. 

You may want to read the transcript from NCLH’s 3rd quarterly release to the SEC. It will support what I have stated.  

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This is incorrect.

This is further evidenced by the incredible  last minute discounts being offered. 7 day cruises can be had for $349 Inside and $549 in a balcony. You don’t see those last minute rates when ships are selling well. 

Please inform.  I like incredible cheap 7 day cruises. I just cannot find them.  Maybe I will learn something because I am wrong.  Where and when are these incredible cruises?  

Edited by pickle11

3 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

Please inform.  I like incredible cheap 7 day cruises. I just cannot find them.  Maybe I will learn something because I am wrong.  Where and when are these incredible cruises?  

image.thumb.png.b613305dbbf2d6e96c9305b549b1dce8.pngimage.thumb.png.b5af638e28a94264c9113ef8bdf5392a.pngimage.thumb.png.0f303c23f2e8bd291366ebc0349bbcda.png

There's a selection of three. Here's a hint. Go to NCL's website. Click "Find a Cruise," then sort "low to high." You can even filter for cruises of 5 - 8 day duration to more easily find the 7 day cruises.

Lots of cheap cruises!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Welp....with the new Black Friday sale we would be paying $1,200 more than we paid for our cruise in the same type of room. It's such a great sale, isn't it? NCL, y'all are robbers. 

image.png.bb711c7f5405c92235da7cd107f57441.png

image.thumb.png.c499f91699faf6312869145d2e2290dd.png

You got a Haven suite for $4,100? You need to post that in the "Best deal for Haven" thread! That's under the $300pp/pd mark.

Edited by Hutcha