Black Friday any news on a sale

zippy222

I think what's happening is they are switching from the 50% off (it's no longer listed as an offer) to the 2nd guest free, but haven't finished updating the systems to accurately reflect it.  This would effectively be the same, thus just being a marketing trick

I would suspect that very soon, you'll no longer see this "was"/"now" price on cruises:

image.png.6bf036fe7c1e70b1bda5f4e0150a5d2f.png

At the end of the day, it would still be the same price (two people at 50% off = $1,378 vs. One person at full prince + free 2nd person = $1,378)

30 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

The black Friday sale specifies that the 2nd passenger is free. This is in block letters on their web site. I'm not new at this.

I was just explaining the pricing, not saying that the marketing is clean.  If you're not new at this, then I was just telling you what you already know.  Many of us just ignore the marketing noise and look at the final price.  What is the point of complaining and what do you expect to accomplish?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

The black Friday sale specifies that the 2nd passenger is free. This is in block letters on their web site. I'm not new at this.

I discovered what the asterisk means, "Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify." to qualify for a cruise where the 2nd passenger is "free".

Edited by genealogyfan
wrong reply

6 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I don't know why the above thread went twice, But thank you about the free air. I knew about that, and have a cruise booked using it, but didn't notice that this sale included that. Sorry.

It's still misleading.

Edited by genealogyfan

Just now, genealogyfan said:

The Black friday sale specifies the 2nd passenger is free for the airfare only, check out the asterisk, next to it, it doesn't refer to the cruise fare. image.png.b298eebd47a59975c6751387dd2bb897.png

that is not for the asterisk, it's for the caret, which is for the flight promo

3 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

that is not for the asterisk, it's for the caret, which is for the flight promo

Yes I noticed that now, still misleading as I read the fine print with the asterisk and it says a 2nd person free is for "Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify."

I really think what we're seeing is leftover from the 50% off pricing.  This new promo just kicked in today.  I'd be shocked if come tomorrow, we see these same prices.  By then, all the prices will seem to have doubled because they will put them all back to the regular price, rather than the 50% off price.  The actual invoicing system has already been updated.  

12 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

Yes I noticed that now, still misleading as I read the fine print with the asterisk and it says a 2nd person free is for "Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify."

they put that clause in all of their promos.   I think it's in there to excludes those sailing solo with no single supplement.  

4 hours ago, trish4bruce said:

I did see they are offering Extra Double Points offer starting today for select 2023 sailings!

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions?fbclid=IwAR16wmC2SqnyP-00RkvHpLaM8wiFktTFM6ZoU6Ro5FW4peY_p8b1v2neDAw

TWO EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT ON SELECT CRUISES
Booking Window: November 9, 2022 - December 5, 2022 11:59 pm EST
Applicable sailings: Fleetwide - 3+ night sailings in 2023 only

The second extra point is new, but unfortunately it's the same select cruises as they have shown for at least the past 3 months.

Edited by timf2001

10 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

The second extra point is new, but unfortunately it's the same select cruises as they have shown for at least the past 3 months.

yes.  Luckily for me, I've been eyeing a 7 day cruise for March at it's one of the select cruises.  I'm going to book it next week.  I'm also looking at a 9 day sailing next December.  Unfortunately, it's still not on the list.  

18 hours ago, trish4bruce said:

I did see they are offering Extra Double Points offer starting today for select 2023 sailings!

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions?fbclid=IwAR16wmC2SqnyP-00RkvHpLaM8wiFktTFM6ZoU6Ro5FW4peY_p8b1v2neDAw

TWO EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT ON SELECT CRUISES
Booking Window: November 9, 2022 - December 5, 2022 11:59 pm EST
Applicable sailings: Fleetwide - 3+ night sailings in 2023 only

So, in the conditions it say 2 extra points per night. When you click on the "Select Cruises" link it takes you to the applicable cruises. All the cruises there come up as 1 additional point per night. Has anyone else seen 2?

Screenshot 2022-11-10 104833.jpg

Edited by Hutcha

2 hours ago, Hutcha said:

So, in the conditions it say 2 extra points per night. When you click on the "Select Cruises" link it takes you to the applicable cruises. All the cruises there come up as 1 additional point per night. Has anyone else seen 2?

Screenshot 2022-11-10 104833.jpg

the standard past guest offer is 1 point per night.  This is saying 1 additional point, so it's 2 points per night.