Pirate’s LIVE Mardi Gras Review…11/12/22-11/19/22

pirate4me2

On 11/12/2022 at 5:31 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Wandering the ship. The Brass Magnolia is soooo pretty, I love it! Fortune Teller Bar is pretty awesome too. Just tried a Bog Juice (it’s ok) but DH’s Third Eye is great! 

2E32D3FA-61A4-4A2C-B872-D637B86C8E05.jpeg

4A5BB2D4-BC56-47E1-8C4B-8D5A64FBDF97.jpeg

3765BD6A-7E61-4A6A-8F61-67A0FD5950F6.jpeg

3BC9B69E-3E94-448E-B884-9BA058459BBF.jpeg

I see Milan! We were on 3 weeks ago and Milan at Brass Magnolia was amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Most definitively a fancy drink tour of the Mardi Gras.😁

Ports be damned.

Haha we haven’t been to any ports until today. They swapped out itinerary up last minute (same ports, different order). We are staying onboard  today, but will be getting off tomorrow and Thursday. 

1 hour ago, fozzy1975 said:

How have the crowds been at the bars! I have read some reviews where the waits are terrible and no seating. I plan to spend my early evenings before dinner at the fortune tell and alchemy!

Soooo…the first day I was not pleased, waits were long and it was crowded. Then it began to get better, I think people had to find “their” spot. Now we can pretty much walk up to Alchemy and get a seat unless it’s right before dinner. 

56 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

I see Milan! We were on 3 weeks ago and Milan at Brass Magnolia was amazing. 

I need to get back down there! 

• Like 1

Welcome to Roatan!

When I booked this cruise I chose this port to be an extra “sea day” for us to enjoy a partially empty ship. So no fun port adventures today, sorry!

We woke up at 9 and puttered around the cabin until 10, when hunger set in. Down to Java Blue on deck 6 for an iced caramel latte, which was awesome, then up to deck 16 aft to check out the Big Chicken’s biscuit. I am not impressed, Bojangles has a better chicken biscuit. Sorry Shaq. The sauce was good, and chicken good, but the biscuit itself was pitiful…not flakey. Oh well, I ain’t gonna starve! 

9313F983-84EF-4016-A90F-BA83C9E92593.jpeg

• Like 6

On 11/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Uh oh…better choose my next 4 wisely!!! 

E3147D79-635F-41D6-AB70-11776C5A43C5.jpeg

Thank you. You cruise like we do. Good food and drink, lots of drink!  Good call on the Tums, I always forget and that acid reflux kicks in like a ***** after a few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobbylah said:

Thank you. You cruise like we do. Good food and drink, lots of drink!  Good call on the Tums, I always forget and that acid reflux kicks in like a ***** after a few days.

Haha I am sooooo glad I remembered them! Bought a whole new bottle to bring, and last night even DH asked for a few. 😂

Random pics from around the ship, so that the review isn’t all about the drinks. 😂

Wandered this morning and found Guy’s Burgers, I’m kinda thinking that may be lunch. 
Deck 16 aft, by Big Chicken, has a nice pool area. May check that out again later, if I decide to give up my prime Serenity real estate. 
Lido pool area was pretty empty as we walked thru. Crazy to see it that way!

Im currently gazing up at Loft 19, excited for when I can try it out on Celebration in a few months! 

364ACA9D-E26D-4AB4-ADAE-CA81069B8CCB.jpeg

7F242B77-1CA3-49E4-A943-4657AD0AF46C.jpeg

0793CBA5-5F66-4AAA-A3BC-C3E7E1A70CBC.jpeg

5A5EEB33-3059-4C04-897F-DD8574F66FCE.jpeg

FAB4C2DD-B658-4264-A123-0B9BE852F602.jpeg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Have you checked out Street Eatz yet?  Their offerings change everyday.  Very yummy!

I have, I had the cheesesteak fries the other day. Yum!

26 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

No one at Serenity? When we were on 3 weeks ago, the pool was shoulder to shoulder from open to close, even on port days! 

It was empty when we arrived, but had gotten busier now. Still not insane tho. 

25 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

The Carbonara Fries are amazing!

Those sound AMAZING!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Great pictures of the ship.  And all your dining.  Seems like a lot of people were anxious to get off the ship, it looks so empty.

If you're back to Brass Magnolia find out if Attila is back on board.  And try a Vieux Carre.

I’ll try to tear myself away from Alchemy and go back there. They had a great looking menu! 

31 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

have you tried the free breakfast sandwiches at Java?  Really good and different.

I have not, I didn’t know they had breakfast sammiches! That may be breakfast tomorrow!

So, I got to Serenity at 10:30 this morning, and as you can see it was not crowded at all and I was able to snag a clamshell. It did get busier as it got later, but even when I left at 2:30 there were still loungers available. 
I left to get some lunch at 2:30, and I decided to try the Funderstruck burger from Guy’s. Heck yeah, it was delicious! Lots of pico, cheesey, and I felt my arteries clogging up as I ate it. Haha. Also, I may be in the minority, but I prefer the new fries they serve. 
As I ate, one good thing Carnival did on this ship struck me: they spread out the eating venues really well. Guys here, Blue Iguana down there, Street Eats over yonder, Big Chicken down a few decks, pizza and deli down further…it spreads out the crowds at slop time. 

B9DB3FFB-047D-439A-BAB6-CCDD8F3637C0.jpeg

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

I didn’t know they had breakfast sammiches! That may be breakfast tomorrow!

OOH yes please review the free food at Java Blue! I've been so curious about that since I first heard about it. MDR breakfast closes so early on port days and the buffet can be such hell.

Edited by allinwonderland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Great pictures of the ship.  And all your dining.  Seems like a lot of people were anxious to get off the ship, it looks so empty.

If you're back to Brass Magnolia find out if Attila is back on board.  And try a Vieux Carre.

Love Atilla. I thought maybe he went to the Celebration. Good question to ask. 

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

I have not, I didn’t know they had breakfast sammiches! That may be breakfast tomorrow!

I'm not positive, but think they may stop serving them at 9?  I may be wrong tho, or maybe it was they had run out by 9?  Sorry, don't remember what I heard...just wouldn't wait until later in the morning.  

Loving the review, great detail and fun remembering being on MG.  :)  

A previous poster, I think @ZoeyVictoria, asked about Bolt and if we could see/hear it running. I have paid more attention to see if we do, and the answer is yes. I thought it was the ship as we were sailing honestly, making noises, but nope…In port today it still happened, and I put 2 and 2 together. 

• Like 2

Alright, I tried to deviate from my usual pre-dinner hangout, but Zoltan and Jakub were calling my name (not really). I ended up befriending Evan and Cornelius tonight, and I about made DH fall outta his chair when Cornelius asked what I wanted and I said “something with chocolate and peppermint.” I HATE peppermint y’all, but this creation, which I will call Christmas in a Glass, is phenomenal. It’s sweet but not overly, and just different from the fruity stuff I’ve been drinking. 
Now I better make my way to the medical center to a)make sure I don’t have a fever/Covid, and b) take a preggo test. Those are the only reasons for me craving peppermint! 😳

EDA92899-833B-4DE6-9DC3-9D6D09295CFC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

We hit up Alchemy at 6:35, it was busy but we got a seat. Evan started out serving us, he was good! Made me a Forty is the New Twenty, which was good, and a Hearts on Fire, which was fruity but not overly sweet. 
At 7:45 we went to the Palm MDR for dinner. We checked in on the app and within 2-3 minutes our table was ready. We had Ali (think Prince Ali, from Aladdin!) as our server, and he and the team were very efficient! I ordered the broccoli and cheese soup (really yummy), Caesar salad (always good!) and Ali’s suggestion, the salmon coulibac, which was FANTASTIC! 

6666C766-C847-402A-B20C-3AAE1E52517B.jpeg

1E3130DA-155B-43A3-8D71-702245ACBCCB.jpeg

9DAEB227-2F51-41D8-AB4E-0E304E35AE12.jpeg

• Like 4