Thermal Suite Pass

Lucky Dude 2101

Greetings fellow cruisers. Checking to see what you wonderful and knowledgeable folks know about the Thermal Suite Pass.  The NCL site lists the unlimited pass for $299/pp for duration of cruise. However, we also have Vibe passes for the week, so my preference would be to be outside rather than inside.

Question - do they offer day passes, or just the weekly long unlimited pass?
Additional question - how can I find out the hours of the Spa amenities, as this information may help with decision as well.

Thanks in advance, and happy cruising!

9 hours ago, Lucky Dude 2101 said:

Greetings fellow cruisers. Checking to see what you wonderful and knowledgeable folks know about the Thermal Suite Pass.  The NCL site lists the unlimited pass for $299/pp for duration of cruise. However, we also have Vibe passes for the week, so my preference would be to be outside rather than inside.

Additional question - how can I find out the hours of the Spa amenities, as this information may help with decision as well.

All depends where you are sailing. If its going to be warm all the time I would choose Vibe

9 hours ago, Lucky Dude 2101 said:

If I had the choice, I'd always choose the thermal suite. But, that's me. 

The spa will offer day passes if they have not sold out of the weekly pass and there is space available. I have no clue what the threshold is. We always play it safe by pre-purchasing the spa pass. It's a lot, but I make myself feel better about it when I realize I'm going to spend a minimum of 10 - 15 hours in the thermal suite over the course of the cruise...if not more. 

So far as I know all thermal suites are open from 8 AM - 10 PM, with the last day of the cruise being 8 AM - 8 PM. No one on CC has ever refuted this when I've mentioned it, so I think it's right. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

Have a wonderful cruise! You'll love the thermal suite if you choose it...well I would love it. I don't know if you would. 🙂

• Like 1

Sailing from NYC to the Bahamas in December so treated myself to both Thermal Suite and Vibe passes. The Thermal Suite is not only great on cooler days, it's also a great place to a) revive if one overindulges and b) soak after working out in the gym - something I try to do daily so that I can participate in the prior option a) 😁

Edited by grobma
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If I had the choice, I'd always choose the thermal suite. But, that's me. 

The spa will offer day passes if they have not sold out of the weekly pass and there is space available. I have no clue what the threshold is. We always play it safe by pre-purchasing the spa pass. It's a lot, but I make myself feel better about it when I realize I'm going to spend a minimum of 10 - 15 hours in the thermal suite over the course of the cruise...if not more. 

So far as I know all thermal suites are open from 8 AM - 10 PM, with the last day of the cruise being 8 AM - 8 PM. No one on CC has ever refuted this when I've mentioned it, so I think it's right. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

Have a wonderful cruise! You'll love the thermal suite if you choose it...well I would love it. I don't know if you would. 🙂

Thank you for the hours.  I mentioned to my wife we can check out the spa when we board the ship as we will be some of the 1st passengers onboard.

25 minutes ago, grobma said:

Sailing from NYC to the Bahamas in December so treated myself to both Thermal Suite and Vibe passes. The Thermal Suite is not only great on cooler days, it's also a great place to a) revive if one overindulges and b) soak after working out in the gym - something I try to do daily so that I can participate in the prior option a) 😁

Good points! thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Dude 2101 said:

Those were my thoughts exactly. We are cruising out of Miami on the Encore to the Caribbean in a few weeks.

I would try to get the Vibe passes online. If you can't you will need to be one of the first on the ship to get them

6 hours ago, Always Cruising said:

Is the thermal suite on the smaller ships (we're going on the Star) worth it?  I know it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but peace, quiet and relaxation are what we're looking for!

The Star's thermal suite is nice!!  Nice quiet and very relaxing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I would try to get the Vibe passes online. If you can't you will need to be one of the first on the ship to get them

Do they sell the Vibe passes online, I thought there wasn't any choice but to buy them once onboard.

5 hours ago, mtrancher said:

Do they sell the Vibe passes online, I thought there wasn't any choice but to buy them once onboard.

If we already have them for our upcoming cruise then that answer would be yes. Perhaps they have sold out online already if your trip is coming up soon. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mtrancher said:

They started selling them online this past summer. Not sure if they hold back some for sale onboard.

• Thanks 1

It is a personal choice if you will use both and your idea of checking it out once on board is a good one. As my husband and I aged we started preferring the spa more as we drank less 😉. I personally am a fan of the heated loungers and purchase a spa pass or book a spa cabin. My daughter and I have a spa suite coming up so we can enjoy both outside and inside.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 9:11 AM, Always Cruising said:

Is the thermal suite on the smaller ships (we're going on the Star) worth it?  I know it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but peace, quiet and relaxation are what we're looking for!

We were on the Star this summer and loved the thermal spa. If you like a quiet spot to read or nap...the thermal spa's relaxation lounge is the place to be! 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 10:41 PM, Lucky Dude 2101 said:

It sounds like you have already made up your mind by stating you prefer the outside to inside. In my opinion, if you plan on doing a winter or chilly weather cruise longer than 6 days and you love water/ heat the Thermal Suite Pass is worth every penny. The NCL Thermal Suite Pass allows the freedom to access the spa throughout the whole cruise which includes those long sea days. If you ever had children (under 18), jump into a hot tub with you while cruising, or even traveling with your own children, you will appreciate the lack of small children in the spa area. If you had ever traveled in a stateroom with multiple guest (having little privacy), you will appreciate the spa.

My suggestion is to bring your ear pods or even a good book and soak-up your cruising adventures in a zen like atmosphere. The spa does have separate (men/women) locker rooms, showers, hair dryer, extra fluffy towels, chilled fruit flavored water/ or tea for your use, besides all the other amenities that make it an attractive deal throughout your cruise. If the price is what is holding you back, skip an excursion or two. Every ship is a little different on how they handle these passes and most if not all are typically sold online. Approximately only 100 Thermal Suite Passes are made available to guest. Not everyone purchasing this pass uses it everyday of the cruise, so chances are you may be the only one (or one of five people) in the spa during certain times of the day; especially on port days. The hardest part in using this pass is being alone with no one to talk if you are the only one using this pass in your group, but then you may be that special someone who craves that alone time.

Edited by SilentlyPerfect

New cruiser here and want to decide between either the thermal spa or Vibe pass. Our cruise: 

• Breakaway
  • 11 day Mediterranean (4 ports in Greece, Malta, Sicily, Naples, Livorno/Florence)
  • July 2023, so it will be HOT!
  • We'll be taking a land tour at every port, with lots of walking. I may stay onboard and skip Naples since we've toured there extensively by land.  
  • 1 day at sea, possibly 2 if I skip Naples. 

My gut feeling is that we won't want any more sun exposure, but would want to cool & wind down.

Has anyone been on this cruise in HOT July and can offer advice? 

Which would you choose? Thermal Spa or Vibe? Why?

Edited by LGinPA

2 hours ago, LGinPA said:

New cruiser here and want to decide between either the thermal spa or Vibe pass. Our cruise: 

• Breakaway
  • 11 day Mediterranean (4 ports in Greece, Malta, Sicily, Naples, Livorno/Florence)
  • We'll be taking a land tour at every port, with lots of walking. I may stay onboard and skip Naples since we've toured there extensively by land.  

My gut feeling is that we won't want any more sun exposure, but would want to cool & wind down.

We're doing the 10 day on July 15th.  Booked a Balcony spa room.  We both love hot tubs and sauna's no matter the weather so it's always the thermal spa for us.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LGinPA said:

• Breakaway

I did the med in October last year, the time in port is mostly quite long so you’re off the ship a lot of the time. I did go for a spa pass on that cruise for the pool & jets to ease my muscles after all the walking in port. As it was October I wasn’t so concerned with cooling off so I also made use of the heated loungers and sauna.  On the cruise I did we did have a sea day to do covid testing on everyone that was finishing their cruise in Barcelona and returning to countries that required a negative test to fly.  having the spa pass for that day was very handy. 

I got the Thermal Suite Pass online for $399 for my recent 21 day cruise. I have issues with sore muscles in my neck and shoulders so I wanted the jets of the pool to ease them after excursions and to relax on sea days. After a few days, I cancelled my pass.  The pool's jets hit me mid-back and behind the thighs which was ok but not where I needed them.  They didn't adjust.  Yes, there was a waterfall feature that got my shoulders but it didn't really work for me or the other women who tried it because it soaked our heads completely and pulled away the fronts of our bathing suits. 

Also, I hoped to relax on the heated loungers.  Every time I tried there were a few men sleeping and snoring. Listening to someone snoring is not my idea of relaxation!  My other gripe was with the showers in the locker rooms.  There are only rainfall showers so unless a woman wants to shampoo her hair, they're useless. You can't just wash your body.  I didn't see one woman in the showers while I was there.  

Otherwise, the locker rooms were good.  You were given a locker number, you input your own 4 digit code and had robes, towels, and hair dryer available.  Note that the showers only had body wash and conditioning shampoo.  As someone with long hair, I need a separate conditioner, so I had to bring mine.