Guest onboard

tcc8v

I am on a Royal cruise with a stop in Charleston SC.  I have a friend who lives in SC and I would like to visit him during this port stop.  Is it possible to arrange to bring him onboard during the port stop?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tcc8v said:

I am on a Royal cruise with a stop in Charleston SC.  I have a friend who lives in SC and I would like to visit him during this port stop.  Is it possible to arrange to bring him onboard during the port stop?

No, they do not allow you to bring someone onboard as a visitor.  There are some exceptions, like guests of an onboard wedding who aren't actually sailing, travel agents doing a ship visit, and likely a few others.

3 hours ago, tcc8v said:

Quick question. It's interesting that your sailing will stop in Charleston. Which sailing are you on?

Also, Charleston is a great location to visit while you're there. How long is the port stop? There's plenty to do to visit with your friend. 

Biker19 is correct: it is Enchantment and it sails from Baltimore.  Usually during midwinter, we make a trip to the beach and try meet with a Myrtle Beach friend.  Last year we stayed in Carolina Beach NC.  But recently I discovered RCI cruises out of Baltimore that were very attractively priced and I imagine they often stop in Charleston on their way south.  We live close to Baltimore and I am thinking that cruising out of Baltimore might be an easy alternative (and still see my friend in a Charleston stop).

• Like 1