What is your favorite breakfast food in Main Restaurant

JOHN 57

6 hours ago, mek said:

The hollandaise sauce is a little bland for my taste and I always request a runny yolk egg or it will come out hard.  It sill isn't bad - just not great.

yes I didn't realize that and I ordered and it came out like a hard boiled egg.  I asked waiter about it and he said for safety reasons that's how they serve the benedict unless you asked for it soft cooked

• Like 1

Most breakfast items I like are really not very good in the MDR. Not because they are not prepared properly but because they are usually cold by the time it makes it to the table. It's just the nature of breakfast items such as toast, pancakes or French Toast. They get cold fast.

I really love the cinnamon rolls from the bread basket. 

5 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Most breakfast items I like are really not very good in the MDR. Not because they are not prepared properly but because they are usually cold by the time it makes it to the table. It's just the nature of breakfast items such as toast, pancakes or French Toast. They get cold fast.

Yep, that's why I like the omelets. Better shelf life

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, that's why I like the omelets. Better shelf life

2 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I gave up ordering omelets anywhere.   It is a rare place that doesn't overcook the eggs.  

I agree with both of these opposing comments, but I usually order omelets or other eggs at the MDR because they seem to be a little warmer by the time they reach the table. There's nothing worse than butter not melting on your toast, pancakes or French toast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Last month, French Toast in the Windjammer was ice cold.

1 minute ago, mek said:

Last month, French Toast in the Windjammer was ice cold.

Yuk. Sallie usually does eggs to order at Windjammer. Personally, when I'm at the Windjammer, cold cuts, cheese and salmon along with the great rolls are what I like. Sometimes I might get a small scoop of the scrambled eggs from the line if their nice & runny.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:24 PM, HappyTexan44 said:

Nope, originally MN but I didn't discover the real stuff until Texas.   

When I was a young adult my parents bought a Belgium Waffle maker.   We tried "the good stuff" syrup to go with the bother of making the best batter.   It became a tradition to invite people over for waffles the day after Christmas.   They still put the pancake syrup on the table.  I used to warn guests that once they tried the real syrup, they wouldn't be able to eat the fake stuff again.    Eventually I think the pancake syrup was tossed because everyone that came was converted.  

Trader Joes has plastic bottles of real syrup.  If I had to go somewhere cattle air, I'd use little travel bottles.  

I agree there sure is a difference.  You get hooked once you try the real stuff.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 8:46 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

I gave up ordering omelets anywhere.   It is a rare place that doesn't overcook the eggs.  

Best omelets are at the omelet station in the Windjammer. Totally fresh when you get it. 

• Like 2