What is your favorite breakfast food in Main Restaurant

JOHN 57

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

On our last cruise a fellow passenger, Bob, introduced me to what he and the wait staff had dubbed "the Bob sandwich" - one fried egg, hard, five slices of bacon, and a toasted/buttered English muffin.  Makes a wonderful breakfast sandwich. 

My newest concoction is two poached eggs, hashbrowns, and the chopped veg for an omelet. Mix it all up.

20221022_154952.thumb.jpg.b4a56a37c63c628450db8ac6b5a5269c.jpg

Ketchup on top with that thin canadian bacon

20221022_155007.thumb.jpg.27f11ab757b54a47dbe6da5d926f2d31.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

This thread could be subtitled, how to order an eggs benedict to maximize your chances of getting a really good one.  
I get why they would not want to toast the muffin.  When I make it at home you want all the pieces to be done at the same time, and untoasted muffins are one less thing to worry about.  But, I want my muffin toasted!   

I've asked for it 'deconstructed'

Then assemble it tableside. 

Sauce is usually dissapointment 

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My newest concoction is two poached eggs, hashbrowns, and the chopped veg for an omelet. Mix it all up.

Ketchup on top with that thin canadian bacon

I was just fine until you ruined it, IMHO, with ketchup.   Tabasco, Texas Pete's, or Chalupa would have been my topper of choice. 

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I was just fine until you ruined it, IMHO, with ketchup.   Tabasco, Texas Pete's, or Chalupa would have been my topper of choice. 

I'm with you... 
I don't think ketchup belongs anywhere near breakfast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I like sweet

Sweet chili sauce would be better

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Hands down, my favorite is the power wrap.  It's a spinach tortilla filled with egg whites, cheese, veg and turkey.  Just make sure  they heat/toast it.  Last December on Harmony they insisted it was to be served cold, yuk!! 

• Like 1

Talk to be about the maple syrup.    Is it 'maple' syrup (note the quotes) that is really corn syrup flavored with maple.    Or is it genuine maple syrup that comes from a tree.   

My favorite hotel breakfast is when you make your own belgium waffle (so it is fresh) and the real maple syrup I brought from home.   Yes, I travel with a plastic bottle of maple syrup.   

I assume I'll want to pack that for the cruise, but if they have the real stuff I won't.   

My first breakfast is the same on every cruise.  Half a grapefruit and Eggs Benedict.  And you can’t forget to ask for a piece of the raisin bread.  We call it fruit bread because it used to have miscellaneous dried fruit in it; not just raisins.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

My first breakfast is the same on every cruise.  Half a grapefruit and Eggs Benedict.  And you can’t forget to ask for a piece of the raisin bread.  We call it fruit bread because it used to have miscellaneous dried fruit in it; not just raisins.

eggs benedict is so good, have to do without grapefruit, because of high blood pressure

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Talk to be about the maple syrup.    Is it 'maple' syrup (note the quotes) that is really corn syrup flavored with maple.    Or is it genuine maple syrup that comes from a tree.   

My favorite hotel breakfast is when you make your own belgium waffle (so it is fresh) and the real maple syrup I brought from home.   Yes, I travel with a plastic bottle of maple syrup.   

I assume I'll want to pack that for the cruise, but if they have the real stuff I won't.   

On Anthem that would be a no,they call it “pancake syrup”,this is the reason I ,too ,bring my own. I love the French toast in the MDR!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pattak619 said:

On Anthem that would be a no,they call it “pancake syrup”,this is the reason I ,too ,bring my own. I love the French toast in the MDR!

On any RCI ship it’s a no.BYO if you want the real stuff

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I love those but I only do 1/2 of the bagel .. a full bagel is normally too much for me. 

About the only time I eat a full normal size bagel is when I have a bagel at home.  Then I'll toast it, and spread crunchy peanut butter on each half.  A nice glass of skim milk and all is right with the world. 

We will eat a luscious meal to disagree on very particular side dish. I can respect your happy place.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:14 PM, depplep said:

I don't usually eat breakfast but if I do it's eggs benedict cooked soft and black coffee and mimosa's. I always have to ask that the muffin is toasted, for some reason it's always raw. 

Our Steelers got a win yesterday!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:38 PM, John&LaLa said:

20221022_154952.thumb.jpg.b4a56a37c63c628450db8ac6b5a5269c.jpg

So, a market veggie bowl.  But, your veg is not cooked/warm. 😉

I also do this with The Works in JR with a 2 Eggs My Way on top.  A crew member told me years ago to order this "off-menu" item.  They were spot on.  Just make sure they know to combine it.  One time, it was served as two separate breakfasts and I was at the counter.  The amount of dishes in front of me was a bit embarrassing 😳

On 11/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, D41 said:

Hands down, my favorite is the power wrap.  It's a spinach tortilla filled with egg whites, cheese, veg and turkey.  Just make sure  they heat/toast it.  Last December on Harmony they insisted it was to be served cold, yuk!! 

Cold eggs, unless they are deviled eggs or turned into egg salad and the like, are nasty. Yuk indeed.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:32 AM, DaKahuna said:

Surprised many said eggs benedict.  I really like eggs benedict but what I have had on cruise ships has been disappointing, even in Coastal Kitchen.  The English muffin has been tough and often not toasted and the Canadian bacon is very thin.   I have often ordered a two additional pieces of Canadian bacon but it still leaves me wanting. 

The hollandaise sauce is a little bland for my taste and I always request a runny yolk egg or it will come out hard.  It sill isn't bad - just not great.

Edited by mek

On 11/12/2022 at 7:51 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

Are you from VT.  We have a friend from there that takes his syrup with him.  There is a difference for sure.

3 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

So, a market veggie bowl.  But, your veg is not cooked/warm. 😉

I also do this with The Works in JR with a 2 Eggs My Way on top.  A crew member told me years ago to order this "off-menu" item.  They were spot on.  Just make sure they know to combine it.  One time, it was served as two separate breakfasts and I was at the counter.  The amount of dishes in front of me was a bit embarrassing 😳

You have to pay for loaded potatoes now😪

16 minutes ago, ILOVEHI50 said:

Are you from VT.  We have a friend from there that takes his syrup with him.  There is a difference for sure.

Nope, originally MN but I didn't discover the real stuff until Texas.   

When I was a young adult my parents bought a Belgium Waffle maker.   We tried "the good stuff" syrup to go with the bother of making the best batter.   It became a tradition to invite people over for waffles the day after Christmas.   They still put the pancake syrup on the table.  I used to warn guests that once they tried the real syrup, they wouldn't be able to eat the fake stuff again.    Eventually I think the pancake syrup was tossed because everyone that came was converted.  

Trader Joes has plastic bottles of real syrup.  If I had to go somewhere cattle air, I'd use little travel bottles.