What is your favorite breakfast food in Main Restaurant

JOHN 57

Oooh, they have eggs benedict?   I've never seen a menu for breakfast.   That is probably my favorite breakfast food, period.    Drowning in sauce.  We have chickens and I'll occasionally make it.   I'd been planning on using the MDR whenever it was open, but it is now a must-do for breakfast.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Oooh, they have eggs benedict?   I've never seen a menu for breakfast.   That is probably my favorite breakfast food, period.    Drowning in sauce.  We have chickens and I'll occasionally make it.   I'd been planning on using the MDR whenever it was open, but it is now a must-do for breakfast.  

I am with you on that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

They have it in WJ sometimes. 

But you assemble it yourself. 

So, if you are not paying attention you will not mentally eggs benedict, just poached eggs, Canadian bacon, toasted English muffins and a sauce. 😄

Surprised many said eggs benedict.  I really like eggs benedict but what I have had on cruise ships has been disappointing, even in Coastal Kitchen.  The English muffin has been tough and often not toasted and the Canadian bacon is very thin.   I have often ordered a two additional pieces of Canadian bacon but it still leaves me wanting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Same but swap the bacon for smoked salmon (can ask on request).

Oooh, that sounds good.   I once had leftover lobster from eating at Del Frisco's.   I made eggs benedict the next morning and used sliced leftover lobster instead of the canadian bacon.  It was truly amazing.  I can see a salmon eggs benedict being awesome too.  

• Like 1

On our last cruise a fellow passenger, Bob, introduced me to what he and the wait staff had dubbed "the Bob sandwich" - one fried egg, hard, five slices of bacon, and a toasted/buttered English muffin.  Makes a wonderful breakfast sandwich. 

• Like 2

I don't usually eat breakfast but if I do it's eggs benedict cooked soft and black coffee and mimosa's. I always have to ask that the muffin is toasted, for some reason it's always raw. 

Edited by depplep
  • Like 1

This thread could be subtitled, how to order an eggs benedict to maximize your chances of getting a really good one.  
I get why they would not want to toast the muffin.  When I make it at home you want all the pieces to be done at the same time, and untoasted muffins are one less thing to worry about.  But, I want my muffin toasted!   

• Haha 2

Toasted bagel halves,  layer of dill cream cheese, smoked salmon, one thin layer of onions, and one thin layer tomatoes. Second dish: melon, pineapple, cantaloupe, and any other fresh fruit of the day. The dishes would be complimented with OJ and coffee.

A great way to start the day.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Toasted bagel halves,  layer of dill cream cheese, smoked salmon, one thin layer of onions, and one thin layer tomatoes. Second dish: melon, pineapple, cantaloupe, and any other fresh fruit of the day. The dishes would be complimented with OJ and coffee.

A great way to start the day.

I love those but I only do 1/2 of the bagel .. a full bagel is normally too much for me. 

About the only time I eat a full normal size bagel is when I have a bagel at home.  Then I'll toast it, and spread crunchy peanut butter on each half.  A nice glass of skim milk and all is right with the world.