Adding a Passenger to an existing reservation

shemansl

I am excited to be bringing my family onboard Grandeur in 2024 to celebrate some milestone birthdays.  I booked 6 cabins a year ago and placed only one person on each reservation.  There was a 100% single supplement added to the price of each cabin. Prices have increased quite a bit since the time I booked.  I will be adding an additional passenger to each of these reservations.  I am wondering if Regent will reprice the entire cabin at current prices or if I locked in the prices when I originally booked.  Does anyone have an experience in this area?

17 hours ago, shemansl said:

I am excited to be bringing my family onboard Grandeur in 2024 to celebrate some milestone birthdays.  I booked 6 cabins a year ago and placed only one person on each reservation.  There was a 100% single supplement added to the price of each cabin. Prices have increased quite a bit since the time I booked.  I will be adding an additional passenger to each of these reservations.  I am wondering if Regent will reprice the entire cabin at current prices or if I locked in the prices when I originally booked.  Does anyone have an experience in this area?

Interesting question.  Let us know how they price the cabins,.

20 hours ago, shemansl said:

I booked 6 cabins a year ago and placed only one person on each reservation. 

Did you advise Regent and/or your TA that you wished to add additional guests at a later date?

If not I would assume that Regent would treat the change as a cancellation/rebooking; with the new booking being at today's prices.

I wonder if a better strategy would be to give two names for each cabin when first booking the cabins. Then, in future as you find out who will actually come along could you drop one passenger and add a different passenger without changing the price? 

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I wonder if a better strategy would be to give two names for each cabin when first booking the cabins. Then, in future as you find out who will actually come along could you drop one passenger and add a different passenger without changing the price? 

Agree, this is the better strategy.   As long as it is before final payment, you could change names—I actually have done this.  I think booking the cabin as a single may be a problem.  Let us know how it turns out.