When is formal night?

DT1304

37 minutes ago, DT1304 said:

Do we have to wait until we board before we can find out what day of our cruise formal night will be.

We are on a 9 night S Pacific cruise on Ovation and want to plan around when formal night is.

We have recently come back from Royal Carribean cruises on the Med.   On our cruises they did not call them formal nights now, but something like ‘dressed up’.   As we were on RC before Covid we noticed that the ship was not bothered if you did not dress up!

one thing I will say that on the Med the clientele had change.   Previously there were very few African Americans on board.  Now there were lots, and did they dress up.   They looked magnificent.   Beautiful dresses and the men as well with wonderful white tuxedos.   I do not know how they managed to get them all packed in their luggage.  I mention to a few of the women that they looked absolutely terrific.   Unfortunately I was not as well dressed as we changed our luggage in case it got lost, and spread most of it so we had at least one carry one case with three days worth of clothes, in case the airline lost some.   They did not.

eileen

1 hour ago, DT1304 said:

Do we have to wait until we board before we can find out what day of our cruise formal night will be.

We are on a 9 night S Pacific cruise on Ovation and want to plan around when formal night is.

Dress to impress but I don’t think it’s compulsory anymore.
Usually on the second night but there could be another on the second last night on a 9 nighter.

Lobster should be on the second night and there’s a rumour if you want more than 2 lobsters each there’s a charge.

You don’t get charged on P&O but then you don’t get lobster .

4 hours ago, DT1304 said:

On a 9 nighter to islands usually night 2 and then possibly again night 8.