mandwcruise

Call out the 

1. the excursion

2. the port

3. what made it memorable

A few of mine are below:

STINGRAY CITY

Grand Cayman

I'm an animal lover and my family had never seen this kind of close encounter with marine life before

MT. VESUVIUS + POMPEII

Naples

Growing up, our Latin teacher talked about this all the time, so it was nice to see the volcano behind the story.

I don't remember it exactly. We went to I believe Carlisle Beach in Barbados. For $20pp, they gave us a chair and umbrella on the beach, and a catamaran ride. Catamaran took us snorkeling to a shipwreck and saw a large sea turtle swimming around that the instructor fed. Obviously, these types of tours can be had all over. It was a really good time for a very low price.

I don't remember the exact cost, but I am sure it was under $100 per person, The Bob Marley Bus in Ochos Rios, Jamaica. Of course it helps to be a fan of Bob Marley's music.

There was an excellent tour guide giving information on the bus. And of course the music on the bus was fantastic. And the ride was exciting as the road is only one lane with hairpin turns with the driver beeping his horn as he entered every twist in the road to warn anyone coming the other way that here comes a bus. (We were told the tour never had had an accident.)

And when reaching our destination there was live music as well as the Bob Marley House.

And you get to see a part of Jamaica that those who only go just off the ship or not off at all never see. And you get to meet the friendly people of Jamaica.

Have done many cruise ship excursions. My best was not on a cruise but from the hotel in the Grand Canyon . For one hundred dollars each a bus ride to and all day raft down the Colorado river with lunch on the river . Best money ever spent my grandson still talks about it (this was 2004).

21 minutes ago, dolittle said:

Have done many cruise ship excursions. My best was not on a cruise but from the hotel in the Grand Canyon . For one hundred dollars each a bus ride to and all day raft down the Colorado river with lunch on the river . Best money ever spent my grandson still talks about it (this was 2004).

Interesting that you said this because I was thinking the same thing as I typed up this survey:

I had a wonderful bus tour that was $100/head. Spent maybe 11 hours from Las Vegas hotel to Grand Canyon and back. Had some good photo ops, guide was amazing, wasn't paced too slow, and they even threw in a drive-by of Hoover Dam.

Excellent use of time and money.

• Like 1