MSC Caribbean Cruise

Corby114

I have been on forty five plus cruises since I got hooked on my first Royal Caribbean cruise in May 1983. I'm considering a seven day MSC cruise from Miami in early 2023 but am concerned about MSC's booking process. Is it worth all of the aggravation or should I stick with Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Holland America, NCL, etc.

I’ve been on 2 MSC cruises this year and have 3 more booked. No real booking issues and a great onboard experience. The key is to book what you really want and don’t make any changes. The ones that seem to have issues are the ones that contact customer service to make some type of inquiry or change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Better yet...just book online. I cruised 2x on MSC (in YC) and did everything through a online booking site.  If you've been on 45+ cruises...you obviously know the ins/outs and don't need any hand holding!

Edited by lcpagejr

What exactly about the booking process concerns you? 

I always book direct and have complete control of my booking no matter who we cruise with. 

I agree with JT1962…if you decide to book and you care about your room location, pay extra and book the room you want. 

I have my 3rd cruise on MSC booked for 12/30 without any issue. Been cruising 40+ yrs and have yet to find one line that we’re loyal to. We like and dislike things about every one of them. 

Yes. If you need any kind of help from customer service it can get really iffy if you’ve booked on your own. They do have something called a Cruise Concierge now. They seem much more knowledgeable and have a bit more ability to handle things. A TA with MSC experience would be able to help in the same way.