Horrific beds on Sky

detroitmikeh

2 hours ago, detroitmikeh said:

Sorry for not being more descriptive, the beds were like two army cots pushed together with a pillow top on them. There were two huge dips in the mattresses as though completely worn out in the centers of each of the beds that they push together to make a queen. The picture as attached doesn't do it justice! I'm totally amazed at the responses where people slept well! I wish I had slept well on my Princess cruise!

Remember the days where Princess sold beds for home use - do you could get that Princess sleep at home????

PXL_20221030_163706355.jpg

I am surprised that a replacement mattress was not better for you.  In the days of the old beds, we had to request a replacement for my side one time.  It was just bad.  A hotel supervisor was involved and we were surprised to get BOTH mattresses replaced.  Sorry it didn't work out for you, but most certainly, mattress type (traditional, foam) and firmness is always a personal preference thing and some organizations manage the "just right" for most people better than others.

When the Princess Luxury Bed first came out, we thought it was great.  Now, I am wondering if the lifespan of the mattresses is not as long as one would expect.

• Like 2

BTW, there are no replacement beds on the ship. What they did was to go to an empty room on the ship and take that mattress and bring it to us. Our first bed was really terrible, I'd  give it a 1 of 10 for comfort, completely worn out.  That bed is still on the Sky, in another room! Then we got a bed that was marginally better, maybe a 4 out of 10. The third bed that we settled on was maybe a 6 of 10. It appeared to us that there aren't good beds on Sky at all. So right now, the bed in E117 is maybe a 6 of 10 and there are two other beds - still on Sky that are a 1 and 4. I think the "4" is located in E119.

I'm disappointed that they just swap the problems to other rooms. 

As I mentioned previously, we're on the Sky right now. Our beds do look exactly like the one the OP posted a while ago, with concavities in the middle of both mattresses. That being said, we have absolutely no issues with the beds, and in fact, I sleep far better on them than I do at home.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, detroitmikeh said:

Just got off the Sky Princess today, the 14 days from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. The beds were horrible, we complained and they first flipped over a mattress not made for flipping... then brought another bed- it was terrible too. Then a third that was marginally better. Out steward started that "they are all bad". Terrible sleep over those two weeks, I would strongly recommend that you cancel any trip on the Sky until the beds are updated.

(Princess have us a night in the Crown Grill and a day in the Enclave for our trouble... not much help for sure.)

How does a three year old ship have destroyed beds? 

Same cruise.  Bed great.

• Like 2

I have never had any problems with the Princess beds on the several classes of ships that we have sailed on, it is the duvet that I dislike. Either I am to warm or too cold if I remove to much of it. Problem is my wife is to cold with just a sheet and their to thin of a blanket as an alternative. 

On 11/12/2022 at 7:58 PM, Pam in CA said:

Recently disembarked the Sapphire Princess. Bed was great. Same for my other cruises this past year on the Grand and the Majestic. 

That’s great to hear.  I love the new beds on Princess and always sleep so well. 

Glad to see you back posting @Pam in CA, you have been missed!!

OK, the picture really helped. It’s like massive people slept tonight after night after night on those to wear them out so much because they can’t be that old with the ***** not being that old. I’m sorry you scored unlucky ones. You would think Princess would have noticed and replaced them.

• Like 1