Carnival Freedom returning to Port due to medical emergency.

IrritatedEllipses

I always feel so sorry for the cruisers this happens to. :classic_sad: Besides returning for medical emergencies I've been on ships that have returned because of accidents/injuries that happen right after sailing - usually due to falls.

JMO one good thing I've noticed is that nobody complains about returning (well at least that I've ever heard). And I agree the cruise lines are wonderful in these circumstances, but can't imagine the person's disappointment after the excitement of boarding only to have to leave again. I hope this cruiser will be OK and can cruise again soon. 

• Like 2

Similar thing happened to me earlier this year on Sunshine. We had just left Charleston maybe an hour prior. I was in the shower and noticed all the water in the shower was collecting on one side, and I knew I wasn't that drunk yet. The cruise director or captain one or the other came over the PA and turns out the ship had to quickly turn around so the Coast Guard could medivac a guest. We were able to make up the time lost and didn't miss any port time that cruise - but that is secondary of course to the passenger that had to be medivac rescued. I never heard what happened or how it ended up, none of my business anyway - but I pray to this day it did end up okay.

• Like 2