Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

On 11/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, kwokpot said:

Some more comparison videos. I think the only real missing feature when all is said and done is a lack of a thermal suite on the Venezia. The standard Cloud Nine Spa features of a steam and sauna rooms will have to do. 

i dont see Guys Burgers,   Mongolin Grill      Red Frog Pub just to name off the top of my head 

29 minutes ago, serene56 said:

i am waiting patiently for Carnival to assign me my cabins     But playing today I see that my cabins are now 344. cheaper    wow  thats a lot of money.    

same boat i am and i can not do any price adjustments until i know my new cabin category

18 minutes ago, serene56 said:

i dont see Guys Burgers,   Mongolin Grill      Red Frog Pub just to name off the top of my head 

There are so many "To Be Revealed" spots on the Lido Deck (Guys, etc) and Deck 5 (Pig and Anchor, Red Frog Pub) that I would be surprised if those weren't eventually announced.

We are also still waiting for our new room assignments. A little miffed at the process this time. In the past when bookings were changed from one ship to another, new bookings were not taken until everyone's new assignments were done. Now with bookings being open since last Monday, if there are any issues with the cabin(s) you have been assigned, you will have less choices in getting those issues resolved. We have had three previous cruises where ship changes were involved, and each time we had issues with what we were assigned. These issues were able to be corrected before new bookings were allowed to be taken. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

Impatiently waiting to get my cabins reassigned. I hope to still be on deck 7 but if I get deck 8 that's fine as well. My major concern is that I will not get side by side connecting balconies as I booked. That was my priority because I've done it on the magic before and we were able to have one large balconies for 2 rooms.

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

does carnival work on the weekends like tomorrow and sunday?. i got a feeling we wont get cabin assignments until monday on the 21 like what the email says. i agree they should of made changes last week or so 

I believe so. The last time we had a ship change, (Radiance to Miracle), we got our assignments on a Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We are also still waiting for our new room assignments. A little miffed at the process this time. In the past when bookings were changed from one ship to another, new bookings were not taken until everyone's new assignments were done. Now with bookings being open since last Monday, if there are any issues with the cabin(s) you have been assigned, you will have less choices in getting those issues resolved. We have had three previous cruises where ship changes were involved, and each time we had issues with what we were assigned. These issues were able to be corrected before new bookings were allowed to be taken. :classic_cool:

They did this same thing with a ship change that affected sailings to Hawaii only the people wound up waiting months to get their new rooms. All the while, the ship was open to the public and available for booking. I don't get it.

Alsp seems like they have certain room categories unavailable. All I know is the room I booked is over $300 less now. So unless they bump me up to match current pricing, I have a big price drop to get. We will see. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

You are SO Correct about New bookings taking place. Same issue on ship change for us, had to call our PVP to square them away. Now less rooms will be available for corrections. Like Jamericannn i have 2 rooms booked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

i do not have PVP, is there someone i can complain to if i dont get my cabin assignment by the 21 like what the email says?

Did you book yourself or use a TA? if you used a TA you will have to go through them. Otherwise, you'll have to call the call center. 

i do not have PVP, is there someone i can complain to if i dont get my cabin assignment by the 21 like what the email says?

Why not wait until you get your cabin assignment to see if you like it or not, instead of worrying about where to complain if you don't like it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Why not wait until you get your cabin assignment to see if you like it or not, instead of worrying about where to complain if you don't like it?

last year i had a porthole cabin booked on the magic. as the cruise got closer to sail date my cabin somehow became unavailable and they moved me an aft oceanview cabin.when i called to called to get something near the original location i booked i was told they was no cabins available in that section 😞 

last year i had a porthole cabin booked on the magic. as the cruise got closer to sail date my cabin somehow became unavailable and they moved me an aft oceanview cabin.when i called to called to get something near the original location i booked i was told they was no cabins available in that section 😞 

You may have not liked the new location but an standard Oceanview is an upgrade to a porthole cabin.