Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

I mentioned on another thread that I have two bookings on Venezia currently. The first sailing on NYC (booked it for **** and giggles), and one in October. All the Terrazza cabins were not even showing up, not even marked as sold out for the first summer sailings. I grabbed one of the square inside cabins on deck 2. 4 days? I'll be fine with one of the large square inside. I usually go Havana on Vista or larger (or Terrazza on the Venezia sailing I have in October).  I am wondering if the Terrazza cabins are being reserved for those being inconvenienced by the redeployment. Guess we wont know until things shake out.

Edited by UPNYGuy

I am on the phone with them right now and being transferred a couple times. Now this person say she is going to speak with her supervisor. I told them how I strategically book my rooms and if I don't get assigned to comparable rooms I am switching to another cruise line that is doing a Black Friday sale at the same time for a cheaper price. (I am not switching though unless I get two completely different rooms that are downgrades from what I booked). I want to experience the Venezia

• Like 1

1. Ok so she kept saying it will be assigned but they don't have a date so I should be patient. I told her I have been impatiently waiting for more than a week now while they are still accepting bookings. I also informed her that we received an email with a specific deadline that the cabins would have been assigned. I asked her transfer me to the department that does the assignments. She claimed they don't heave a department for that. I replied telling her that that statement is not correct because there must be someone reassigning the cabins manually. Eventually she confessed that there is a department that does that but they have been advised not to transfer calls there and tell the customers to wait patiently.

My PVP is not answering her phone. I guess she know why i am calling her.

Just now, shof515 said:

From John, i guess no news is good news?
image.png.088fc2d2f3d7b44cf52b7acf1755308a.png

I just know that when the cabin changes are released it's going to get ugly. No excuse for this delay as they knew well before the announcement that they were switching ships. Also, opening up for new bookings before the cabin changes were completed was unjustifiably wrong.

• Like 2

MY PVP said he can not make changes to this booking and i gotta wait til I am assigned.       But didnt say how long i gotta wait.   I think its wrong that carnival is selling cabins for my sailing.   We have 59 people on our roll call and no one has been assigned yet.      How long is a respectable time--  before i want to cancel and rebook  

• There is no excuse for delaying everyone. Maybe they are trying to figure what to do with the prices, because I know my cabin is cheaper by hundreds than it was when I booked it on the Magic - even though that specific category isn't showing. 

Carnival has done ship swaps before. It happens. It has happened in the past to me. And none of this took place then. I'm cool with John Heald and all but they need to provide him with answers instead of BS stuff telling people to be patient. GMAB.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruizinisthebest said:
  • There is no excuse for delaying everyone. Maybe they are trying to figure what to do with the prices, because I know my cabin is cheaper by hundreds than it was when I booked it on the Magic - even though that specific category isn't showing. 

Carnival has done ship swaps before. It happens. It has happened in the past to me. And none of this took place then. I'm cool with John Heald and all but they need to provide him with answers instead of BS stuff telling people to be patient. GMAB.

John Hearld just putting it ff on the beards and really not willing to look into the issue is disturbing. Taking about what other features will be available  just does not cut it. John get an answer and Carnival stop selling rooms on a ship you have not transferred booked quest too.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, CruisingFamily2005 said:

I got my cabin assignment today. It was the same cabin number as my Magic reservation.

47 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

For what sailing Date?

I got my new cabin few hours ago.  I sail 6/19=6/27/23.  Funny thing is I never got the email notifying me of ship change!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Were you okay with your change? We're still TBA.

LOL.....you should have seen me shielding my eyes!!Yep, got my same cabin!  BUT......it's on deck 1 and Magic cabin was surrounded by other cabins-this is the VERY END with empty space next to it.  Maybe I'm next door neighbors with the ship's anchor or engine room!  Everyone is TBA.  This seems too easy.  They might be rejoicing they can actually put someone there!  😲Time will tell! 🤞 Hope everyone gets what they picked or BETTER and SOON! 

Its strange that they are assigning rooms to the later bookings first. I assume that is because there are more rooms available. Still does not make sense. It is going to be way more difficult to get what we want the longer they keep dragging this thing out while people are still booking this ship.

My PVP told me she got two cabins next to each other like we had picked but as soon as she was about to call me the system unassign the rooms so she have to wait until the department that does the assignment goes in and give me a room.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

Same here. I'm so irritated right now. Part of the reason I book early is so I can hand pick the exact cabin I want!🤬

Exactly! And we are also booked B2B. What are the odds that they assign me the same cabin for both legs like I originally booked. 😡

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Exactly! And we are also booked B2B. What are the odds that they assign me the same cabin for both legs like I originally booked. 😡

I have 2 cabins together on the same booking and received a room number for only 1 of them the other is still TBA. Can someone please explain that to me