MDR for breakfast on S class?

39august

We haven't eaten in an MDR in several years. Will probably be considering a regular veranda cabin next booking cycle because prices will be so high. What is breakfast like in the MDR, generally, service -wise? I like a sit down breakfast, but don't want to wait forever. We both enjoy the buffet for dinner, so that only leaves lunch to decide. With spa cafe, hamburger grill and Sushi on 5, we can pretty well cover lunch without depending solely on the buffet. 

MDR is nice for breakfast. The hours are short, though: something like 7:30-9. You will be offered coffee or tea and pastries, then a waiter takes your order. Plenty of fruit, cereals, omelet choices, sides. Takes maybe 30-45 minutes.

We were on Solstice in Oct, MDR breakfast was fine, service was good but not super fast. We usually arrived around 8:30 am and didn’t have to wait long to get seated. Of course this all depends in your itinerary and capacity. We sailed with around 60% capacity. 

Buffet was ok for lunch but didn’t find anything interesting at Spa cafe at all, very disappointing with selections. 

If I was up and out in time, I ate breakfast in Blu mostly, but I went into the MDR once.  I was frustrated by the delay in the MDR. 

This is my one time experience on my last Celeb cruise:  If you want coffee, they will fill your cup immediately.  But for tea, you need to wait for them to bring hot (not boiling) water, and tea bags.  Then, they might bring a muffin or bagel or other breakfast pastry relatively promptly, but not at the same time as the eggs, or pancakes or smoked salmon or oatmeal.  By the time I was served all of the items I had ordered, it was almost an hour after I walked in.  YMMV.  Even on a sea day, this is not acceptable to me.

Blu, once I expressed my desire for a fast service, it was under 30 minutes.

Buffet was best!  In and out quickly.