Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

3 hours ago, foundmyMcGyver said:

Hello from Keene NH. (Scott and Thomasina) Just found this forum for our cruise. So excited to be going on Venezia. We are going on the 10 day Nov 30th also šŸ˜€ I was trying to find affordable parking near cruise port when I came across this forum. Any help or ideas welcome from others going on thus cruise. We have cruised many times from Manhattan, but it's been over 6 yrs since cruising from this port. Wow have prices soured. Tried to get family or friends to book and car pool to share expenses cruise was to long to get any takers šŸ™ƒ we will be hiding ducks as well this cruise.Ā 

Welcome to the roll call Scott and Thomasina. I am Rob from Central MA and live less than an hour from Keene. I have cruised a few times from Manhattan in the past with my wife(now deceased)and like you I was surprised to see the $45 a day that they now charge for parking at the pier. I parked for two weeks in Boston for a HAL cruise and was just a three minute walk from the Black Falcon Pier for just $200 back in May. I have been looking at options and I have even considered using same day Amtrak train service out of the Rt. 128 station south of Boston to NYC and then transferring from the train station which would be an economical way of getting there. Because we sail on a Friday though I would still have to deal with the daily train commuter traffic which I am not familiar with. The other interesting option that I found is a stay, park and ride service through Trinity reservations online. It offers overnight pre-cruise one night reservations at hotels in New Jersey that are around 14 miles from the pier with some including two weeks+ of gated parking and car service to and from the pier, all for a price $100-200 less than the $650+ it would cost you just to park at the pier. Check it out and see what you think and they do allow cancellation up to one day before your schedule arrival. If anybody else has used this service(they cover all over the USA)or know someone who has I would be interested in hearing about how it worked.Ā 

https://www.trinityreservations.com/hoteloptions.php

• Like 2

time for update, and let us see, if I do this one correctly

51 days to go and our ship is at sea

1 John 57 John, Myriam,Robert, andJohnny Huntsville, Tx

2.Raymic Raymondand Vicky Phoenix, Az

3Bigmac 66 Charles and Jennifer Al

4.Zeploc Cheryl and Ashlee Il

5HalJo135 ynne and Elizabeth Arlington, Tx

6Cowichan Vancouver, Canada

7 Whiting Margie andChris Whiting, NJ

8Tinkio Tomapah, Za Valerie and Gary

9Switasugary Easton, Pa

10Jamman54 Jeff and Patt NJ

11CDN Cruiser Ottawa, Canada

12Marianneyaya Dave an Marianne Sunny Stafford, CT

13Retitrrr Meico City, Mexico

14happycruiser George Bronk, NY

15.K and J New Jersey

16Destiny0315 Bob Ma

17d-life-n-cruisin Daniel and Amanda Boyd, Tx

18 foundymcgyver Scott and Thomasina Keene, NH

states

1 NY

3 Tx

2 Az

1 Al

1 Il

1 Pa

3 NJ

1 Ma

1 NH

3 Tx

1 Ct

total 9

Canada

1 Vancouver

1 Ottawa

Mexio

1 Mexico City

Let me know, if corrections are needed.

Ā 

• Like 2

Thank you destiny0315 for reply to my post. (I haven't figured out how to reply to a post within a post.) I ended up booking at Hampton Inn Ridgefield. $385.60 for 1 night before cruise and 14 days free parking. ($10 any night over 14) In response to Boston Pier parking, I love how easy it is to cruise from there. Cost is very reasonable. We drive to Baltimore Port a lot and rates are reasonable there as well. So ready for this cruise after this wet summer. šŸ˜€

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, foundmyMcGyver said:

Thank you destiny0315 for reply to my post. (I haven't figured out how to reply to a post within a post.) I ended up booking at Hampton Inn Ridgefield. $385.60 for 1 night before cruise and 14 days free parking. ($10 any night over 14) In response to Boston Pier parking, I love how easy it is to cruise from there. Cost is very reasonable. We drive to Baltimore Port a lot and rates are reasonable there as well. So ready for this cruise after this wet summer. šŸ˜€

That certainly sounds like an even better deal that you found. Hampton Inns overall are very nice and we first stayed at one outside of Washington DC back in 1985. A couple of times when we cruised out of Manhattan we stayed at a Hampton Inn in southwestern CT the night before than drove into NYC the next day. As for Boston I have found that parking in the small flat lots that sit in front of the bow of the docked ship are the cheapest to book ahead but are less available if at all during the summer months. As you head into the city the price goes up too easily 3 or 4 times as much. I have sailed with CCL out of Baltimore three times(2 x Pride, 1 Legend) and I always tell people how easy it is to navigate to and park at that port which is literally right off the highway. Yes we managed to keep the heat away this summer but we got stung by the rain for sure here in New England.

• Like 2

Speaking of Boston's cruise port, next October/November Holland America Line is offering for the first time a roundtrip cruise to the Caribbean and Panama Canal from Boston. It is 21 days and includes a partial transit of the PC. I have that one booked myself already along with many others from the New England area. HAL is definitely a more laid back vibe than CCL, RCCL, NCL etc...but great food/drink and service for sure on a smaller ship with the ease of accessing the ship in Boston.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://gotravel.news/this-cruise-line-is-adding-two-new-caribbean-escapes-from-boston-in-2024-3/#:~:text=Travelers%20can%20book%20a%2021-day%20roundtrip%20cruise%20called,cruise%2C%20departing%20from%20Boston%20on%20Nov.%209%2C%202024.

• Like 1

good morning everyone, it is another morning, 50 days to go, and we have reached the 50 days until.Ā  Now, is the time to make final arrangements. Time thankfully is getting short.Ā  our ship is at sea

Ā 

download.png

• Like 1

Hi, everyone...Ā  getting close so it's time do dive into the forum here.Ā  You guys have a HUGE head start!Ā  19 pages!Ā  It will take me a while to catch up.Ā  Basic info:Ā  My name is Andy, my wife is Suzy.Ā  We live in Westchester County NY (about 30 minutes from the cruise port!). Prior to the Covid years we sailed mostly from Baltimore, aboard the Carnival Pride 4 or 5 times. ( Love that ship! ). One Canada/NE from NY aboard the Carnival Sunshine, and several Caribbean things on NCL.Ā  We just did a 7 day on the NCL Getaway in March...Ā  stayed on the ship in Canaveral, got cancelled in GSC, and finally have a shore day at Nassau - as one of FIVE ships in port.Ā  But, we had fun there.Ā  We spent a full day listening to the ship's fog horn on the way home.Ā  You literally could not even see across the width of the ship.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway...Ā  VENEZIA!Ā  Can't wait šŸ™‚. Cove balcony.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, andymaher@yahoo.com said:

Hi, everyone...Ā  getting close so it's time do dive into the forum here.Ā  You guys have a HUGE head start!Ā  19 pages!Ā  It will take me a while to catch up.Ā  Basic info:Ā  My name is Andy, my wife is Suzy.Ā  We live in Westchester County NY (about 30 minutes from the cruise port!). Prior to the Covid years we sailed mostly from Baltimore, aboard the Carnival Pride 4 or 5 times. ( Love that ship! ). One Canada/NE from NY aboard the Carnival Sunshine, and several Caribbean things on NCL.Ā  We just did a 7 day on the NCL Getaway in March...Ā  stayed on the ship in Canaveral, got cancelled in GSC, and finally have a shore day at Nassau - as one of FIVE ships in port.Ā  But, we had fun there.Ā  We spent a full day listening to the ship's fog horn on the way home.Ā  You literally could not even see across the width of the ship.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway...Ā  VENEZIA!Ā  Can't wait šŸ™‚. Cove balcony.

welcome Andy and Suzy, will do an update later

update

only 50 days to go and our ship is at sea

1John57 John, Myriam, Robert, and Johnny Huntsville, Tx

2.Raymic Raymond, Vikey Phoenix, Az

3.Bigma66 Charles and Jennifer Al

4Zeploc Cheryl and Ashlee Il

5Hal Jo 1935 Lynne and Elizabeth Arlington, Tx

6Cowichan Vancouver, Canada

7.Whiting Margie and Chri Whiting, NJ

8Tinkio Valerie and Gary Tonopah Az

9Switasugar Easton, Pa

10Jamman 54 Jeff and Patt NJ

11.CDN cruiser Ottawa, Canada

12Marianneyaya Dave and Marianne Sunny Stafford, Ct

13Retrcrr Mexico City, Mexico

14Happycruiser George Bronk, NY

15.K and J NJ

16Destiny0315 Rob Ma

17d-lite-n-cruisin Daniel and Amanda Boyd, Tx

18foundmyGyver Scott and Thomasina Keene, NH

19andymaher@yahoo.com Andy Suzy Westchester, NY

total 19

that will be at least a total of 40 people

states

2 NY

3 Tx

2Az

1 Al

1 IL

1 Pa

3 NJ

1Ma

1 NH

1 Ct

total 10 states

Canada

1 Vancouver

1 Ottawa

Mexico

1 Mexico City

2 other countries total

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

Lab results came in, egfr went from 41 to 49, low but a slight improvement.Ā  I am so happy to hear that.Ā  I will be on this cruise with you all.

Great! Keep it up John. When your on the cruise the only testing will be of your appetite with all the good food around.šŸ˜‰

• Like 1

with 49 days to go, now comes the issues ofĀ  meet and greet>Ā  I favor aboard ship but not 1500, 3pm, the first day, because I have a prior meeting.Ā  So, please give me your views and thoughts.Ā  We can discuss and go from there.

• Like 1

Well we are scheduled to be the first to sail on Friday 9/29 at 4pm(1600)ahead of the Queen Mary 2 which is also in port that day and is scheduled for a 5pm(1700)departure. So around 5pm we will have passed the SOL and lower Manhattan, and have gone or going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge with Coney Island off the port side. So I think we might have a small window after that for a get together before people head out for the food/drink/entertainment onboard that evening. In the past on CCL ships I have sometimes gone to the steakhouse onboard the first night as it usually is not that busy and also I leave with the "free" bottle of wine that is offered on that first night. But this will be the longest CCL itinerary and largest ship I have sailed on yet with Carnival so that may factor into my personal activity plans. With the two sea days that follow I think planning a M&G sometime on that weekend(9/30-10/1)might make more sense imho...Rob

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 5:54 PM, Destiny0315 said:

Speaking of Boston's cruise port, next October/November Holland America Line is offering for the first time a roundtrip cruise to the Caribbean and Panama Canal from Boston. It is 21 days and includes a partial transit of the PC. I have that one booked myself already along with many others from the New England area. HAL is definitely a more laid back vibe than CCL, RCCL, NCL etc...but great food/drink and service for sure on a smaller ship with the ease of accessing the ship in Boston.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://gotravel.news/this-cruise-line-is-adding-two-new-caribbean-escapes-from-boston-in-2024-3/#:~:text=Travelers%20can%20book%20a%2021-day%20roundtrip%20cruise%20called,cruise%2C%20departing%20from%20Boston%20on%20Nov.%209%2C%202024.

We are of like minds when it comes to Holland America.Ā  I love the smaller ships, good food and laid back atmosphere.Ā  All the ships are laid out basically the same so creature of habit here knows her way around.Ā  Their crew always seems happy in their jobs as well.Ā  I saw the new routes from Boston to the south and yes they're certainly of interest.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I am estimating a total of 34 people

4 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I am estimating a total of 34 people

I'm with Rob on trying a meet & greet on one of the first sea days rather than the sail away day.Ā  Too much to explore, view and settling in on that boarding day.Ā  It could be something informal in a selected location as many times no one shows up or forgets (I'm really good at that).Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Well we are scheduled to be the first to sail on Friday 9/29 at 4pm(1600)ahead of the Queen Mary 2 which is also in port that day and is scheduled for a 5pm(1700)departure. So around 5pm we will have passed the SOL and lower Manhattan, and have gone or going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge with Coney Island off the port side. So I think we might have a small window after that for a get together before people head out for the food/drink/entertainment onboard that evening. In the past on CCL ships I have sometimes gone to the steakhouse onboard the first night as it usually is not that busy and also I leave with the "free" bottle of wine that is offered on that first night. But this will be the longest CCL itinerary and largest ship I have sailed on yet with Carnival so that may factor into my personal activity plans. With the two sea days that follow I think planning a M&G sometime on that weekend(9/30-10/1)might make more sense imho...Rob

Free bottle of wine with dinner????Ā  That's a tip I hadn't heard before.Ā 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, retltrcrr said:

Free bottle of wine with dinner????Ā  That's a tip I hadn't heard before.

Yes when you go into your cruise manager under specialty dining you will see the details on this offer. They have been doing it for many years but haven't promoted it like now. They have also extended it to other specialty restaurants onboard too. Now you also have the choice of their "free" bottle of wine or 50% off select bottles up to $100(which they extend to the 2nd night also). They will offer you a choice of a red or white wine bottle. Here are photos of the bottle I chose on the Legend in May of '22 which was a Merlot. Oh and years ago they used to hold your unfinished bottle for you but now they just send it back with you to your cabin, for nightcaps I guess.Ā šŸ¤Ŗ

Screenshot2023-08-10152359.thumb.png.aade538584c6e5fedf974273e49a72bb.png

Ā 

20220508_174728.thumb.jpg.e350fb1f973b762460002d13d2a1c0e4.jpg20220508_175142.thumb.jpg.64963e85273304903afd192999553e5f.jpg

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

I agree, having it on one of the first two sea days would be best. šŸ˜Ž