Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

1 hour ago, Destiny0315 said:

Yes when you go into your cruise manager under specialty dining you will see the details on this offer. They have been doing it for many years but haven't promoted it like now. They have also extended it to other specialty restaurants onboard too. Now you also have the choice of their "free" bottle of wine or 50% off select bottles up to $100(which they extend to the 2nd night also). They will offer you a choice of a red or white wine bottle. Here are photos of the bottle I chose on the Legend in May of '22 which was a Merlot. Oh and years ago they used to hold your unfinished bottle for you but now they just send it back with you to your cabin, for nightcaps I guess. 🤪

Screenshot2023-08-10152359.thumb.png.aade538584c6e5fedf974273e49a72bb.png

20220508_174728.thumb.jpg.e350fb1f973b762460002d13d2a1c0e4.jpg20220508_175142.thumb.jpg.64963e85273304903afd192999553e5f.jpg

The free wine is not that good. Go with the 50% off the wine of your choice. 😎

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Well we are scheduled to be the first to sail on Friday 9/29 at 4pm(1600)ahead of the Queen Mary 2 which is also in port that day and is scheduled for a 5pm(1700)departure. 

The QM2 will be sailing from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. 😎

20 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The QM2 will be sailing from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

Yes I was generically using the term port which covers the three NYC metropolitan area ports as all are within 5-10 miles of each other and cruise ships from all three have to sail out the same way to leave the area.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

so it has been proposed, meet and greet, 1st two sea days, ok where, any other suggestons.

Just some thoughts here: That first sea day(Sat)might be better with the thinking that by the time we get further South later on Saturday and then on Sunday that the weather will be warmer and less people might get involved unless you decide to have it by one of the swimming pools.😎 Also after that first Saturday night who knows how long the hangovers might last on Sunday!🤪

On 8/9/2023 at 6:24 PM, JOHN 57 said:

Lab results came in, egfr went from 41 to 49, low but a slight improvement.  I am so happy to hear that.  I will be on this cruise with you all.

You are nearing the average range for your age as everyone loses kidney function as we age.  This sounds very encouraging.  Have you gotten a white blood cell count since you've been on the prednisone or at least recently?  That will tell you how susceptible you are to contracting an infection or illness so you know how careful you really have to be on this cruise.  3.5 WBC or lower is low.

did test for heptitus, hiv, etc, all showed negative results. Yes, I am well aware of being careful, that is why I try to stay away from others and wear a mask. Concerning meals, Myriam will get my food and bring to me from Buffet etc. At main restaurant, we will ask for an isolated table.  Concerning comedians getting there early and leaving late, again hoping to sit in isolated areas. Concerning meet and greet intend to keep my distance.  Which is hard but has to be done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I have taken all of my vacines, so that is up to date, but still staying from others.  Online with others is so different, but I hope others will not be offended, if I I do not mingle.

Not a problem John. Do what you have to do and give us a wave! 😀

good morning to everyone, 47 days to go and our ship is at Bermuda

proposed meet and greet

1. one of first two sea days which is either 30 September or 1 October

2.Then the question of where and what time.

so please give your thoughts.

download (1).png

• Like 1

what we now know,

1.We know of only 1 comedian onboard.  That is Alex Elkin 9-14 October, unable to find anyone else, I do consult Comedy Fan Club list on Facebook eveyday  But nothing added sofar.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

what we now know,

1.We know of only 1 comedian onboard.  That is Alex Elkin 9-14 October, unable to find anyone else, I do consult Comedy Fan Club list on Facebook eveyday  But nothing added sofar.

I'm sure that there will be 6 to 8 different comedians on board during our cruise.

On another note, still no shore excursions listed for Barbados. 🙁