Last minute booking - MTD on Enchantment

soccermom4

I've tried reading through some of the threads about MTD.  We just booked a cruise on Enchantment which appears to have a dedicated MTD Dining Room - Deck 5 My Fair Lady Dining Room.  The hours in the app say "5:30-9:30 pm".  Of course, reservations appear to only be from 7:30 on (too late for us).  Last time we cruised (on Carnival), we would just show up around 6 pm and were willing to be seated at either a sharing table or just for 2 and never really had to wait.  Would that strategy work work on Enchantment?

Not sure 6 will work but generally if they don't have seating in the MTD room they walk you to another floor.  That time may not work because most of the ships have gone to an early-early fixed seating in the Mytime room.  This means they don't get done eating until 6:45 or so and there may not be any seats open.  Even with 6:30 reservations the ships have been running Mytime starting at 6:45 and we have had to wait for seats to open.  Two lines at the entrance.  Normally the left one is reservations, right is no reservations.

When I was on Enchantment earlier this year, we had MTD. We went to the dining room after boarding and requested a MTD reservation for 7:00 every night. They were even able to reserve the same table and wait staff each night. It never hurts to ask. We did and got exactly what we wanted. 

Thanks.  I had seen some of this (and no, we can't sleep until noon ever - LOL).  I was just surprised that the app showed Deck 5 as the MTD Dining room (100%) and had hours of 5:30-9:30.  I had seen all the discussion about MTD not starting until 6:45 etc. - so was hoping for first-hand info about Enchantment specifically.  Guess we'll find out!

2 hours ago, soccermom4 said:

so was hoping for first-hand info about Enchantment specifically.

Enchantment is the outlier, but, yea, some folks have been able to book MTD earlier than the 6:30 norm on other ships. A B2B couple on board now were asked if they would like to “normalize” their existing 6:00 PM MTD reservations for 6:30 on the second sailing— they declined.