Sirena cabin choice

DeanoNorthPerth

I am booking a cruise on Sirena and as I travel solo, I'm just booking an Oceanview cabin (there are no solo cabins available). My choice is 4008 (which has a connecting door so possible noise problems) and 4001 (which may have impact from being so close to the stern). Which is better?

Any input would be appreciated.

Edited by DeanoNorthPerth

When looking at R class Oceania cabins you can always pop over to the Azamara site as most of the cabins are identical. Always check the deck plans to see if this is applicable for the ones you might/want.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=445677

Happy planning

Rosalyn

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

I am booking a cruise on Sirena and as I travel solo, I'm just booking an Oceanview cabin (there are no solo cabins available). My choice is 4008 (which has a connecting door so possible noise problems) and 4001 (which may have impact from being so close to the stern). Which is better?

Any input would be appreciated.

You mean that they are very close to the front of the ship.  4001 is directly under the show lounge and you will hear the music both at night during performances and in the daytime during rehearsals.  Early in the morning you will hear the bow thrusters (and in tender ports the anchor chains).  Both types of noise will be worse in 4001, so I would take 4008 from that choice and not worry about the connecting door.

[Azamara layout for decks 4 and 5 are same as Oceania, but there are no cabin reports for 4001 or 4008.  Some of the reports for all the 400x cabins, even further back than 4008, complain about these noises.]

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You mean that they are very close to the front of the ship.  4001 is directly under the show lounge and you will hear the music both at night during performances and in the daytime during rehearsals.  Early in the morning you will hear the bow thrusters (and in tender ports the anchor chains).  Both types of noise will be worse in 4001, so I would take 4008 from that choice and not worry about the connecting door.

[Azamara layout for decks 4 and 5 are same as Oceania, but there are no cabin reports for 4001 or 4008.  Some of the reports for all the 400x cabins, even further back than 4008, complain about these noises.]

Brain fade. Yes, bow not stern. D’oh!

We were on Insignia in October using up a credit that had to be used.  The staterooms and locations are basically the same on Insignia (and R class ships) as Sirena.  Due to late booking there was only one stateroom left, Deluxe Oceanview 4007.  Usually we would book a balcony but there were none available.  The location of this stateroom was terrible for us, as others have commented the noise from the thrusters is awful, added to that there were several early morning i.e. 5:30 am arrivals - if you were not already awake, you would be with the noise of the thrusters.  There were also several ports whey she had to anchor and we found the noise of the anchor chains when positioning, just as bad.  Fortunately, this was a short 10 day cruise.  We will not book that location again on an R ship, even if it means not cruising.  Good luck.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

if you like  an afternoon nap or early to bed  prior to 11 pm   then I would not take one of those cabins

If they have  any C 1's  they are  pretty good  no noise  from above

Unfortunately they are the last two cabins available for this cruise. I think I know why.

So the question is, the one that’s as far forward as you can get or the one with the connecting door?

3 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Unfortunately they are the last two cabins available for this cruise. I think I know why.

So the question is, the one that’s as far forward as you can get or the one with the connecting door?

Tough call

I would not take either but that is me 😉

Good luck

19 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I’ve had connecting doors before. Not necessarily bad, especially if you get a geriatric that’s in bed by 8-8:30 (50-50). The cabin under the Lounge is a sure loser.

Yep, it all depends on who is in that connecting room. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I’ve had connecting doors before. Not necessarily bad, especially if you get a geriatric that’s in bed by 8-8:30 (50-50). The cabin under the Lounge is a sure loser.

or  the people that close the bar in the wee hour & bang the door as they return & then bang every drawer in the cabin  before they fall into bed

Even without the connecting door  this is annoying 

we do not go to bed at 8:30 pm  but  are in by 11pm

YMMV

The absolute worst are the hearing impaired that play the tv loudly enough for 3-4 adjoining rooms to hear, then fall asleep with it blaring! Had to call the front desk near every night to get Security to wake them up and turn it off.

Of course security had to pound and pound on the door to wake them up to get the thing turned off!

Edited by pinotlover

38 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The absolute worst are the hearing impaired that play the tv loudly enough for 3-4 adjoining rooms to hear, then fall asleep with it blaring! Had to call the front desk near every night to get Security to wake them up and turn it off.

Of course security had to pound and pound on the door to wake them up to get the thing turned off!

We had the Tv on next door every morning from 6.30 full blast, it was awful.