Observations From The Poop Deck : BEYOND NOV 20-27 2022

morpheusofthesea

Doing a short walkabout on the pool deck we stopped an officer and inquired when there was a meal service on the Magic Carpet. NO meal service on the Magic Carpet due to wind conditions all the time on the Edge. I said "Edge ?"  "Yes, Edge."  I said, "what about the Beyond ?" He said " I am sorry, the Beyond. All these ships are the Edge to me." He made me feel great today. A young officer doesn't know what ship he's on and DW calls me an 'idiot' when I don't remember what day it is.

P.S. He did offer some hope as a meal service might occur if the weather is nice and the ship is delayed in port.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This young lady's job is to care for the live plants on board. We thought they were artificial until we saw her at work.

IMG_2536.jpg

All real.  On Apex they told us the number of real plants. I don't recall the number, but my jaw dropped upon finding out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

These guys are from New Jersey, Long Island ,Chicago and Nebraska (that's what they told the audience)

I think this group is completely different than the 11/13/22 sailing. Though they were called the Boyband, only opening song was from Four Seasons and all other songs from 1990’s Boyband.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tuscan Restaurant. From our understanding these four restaurants are all complimentary serving the same menu. Two on one deck and the other two just a short stair walk to the next deck. No need to wait in any lines at any one restaurant. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

We had booked with our shoreside concierge a table for two in the Cosmopolitan Restaurant for the entire cruise as we much preferred the menu and desserts there than the Luminae. However once on board we had a talk with the Maitre 'D Pete (petra) and he assured us we could get the same things in the Luminae every night. We tipped him in advance when we heard this and will tip him again tonight for a wonderful time.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Thanks 2

Our favorite place on any Celebrity cruise ships. Cafe Al Bacio. We are totally disappointed in the bizarre offerings on the Luminae dessert menu (aside from the traditional apple pie (tart), chocolate cake, cheese cake and creme brulee) that we find solace and refuge here on a multi daily basis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

I think this group is completely different than the 11/13/22 sailing. Though they were called the Boyband, only opening song was from Four Seasons and all other songs from 1990’s Boyband.

That's the group who I was referring to when I mentioned seeing them both on the Summit and Apex. 

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Our favorite place on any Celebrity cruise ships. Cafe Al Bacio. We are totally disappointed in the bizarre offerings on the Luminae dessert menu (aside from the traditional apple pie (tart), chocolate cake, cheese cake and creme brulee) that we find solace and refuge here on a multi daily basis.

IMG_2434.MOV

What's nice and different about the Cafe on Beyond vs the other E Class ships is the wider array of seating. The various tables are a great addition and we're very popular seating choices on our cruise. Having a table with electrical outlets was a great idea for those wanting to use their laptops for various reasons. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Having a table with electrical outlets was a great idea for those wanting to use their laptops for various reasons.

I would rather there be no  electrical outlets in or around Cafe al Bacio. It should not be like Star Bucks, everybody sitting around playing on their computers and phones taking up valuable eating space for someone like me who just needs a chair and table to eat all those delicious treats. I do not wish to bag them and go. I wish to eat and go.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

Is Captain Dimitrios still on board?  He and his officers went to Cafe al Bacio every sea day morning around 11 to talk to guests.   

You are right as usual. The Captain came on the PA system at 10:30 am and announced he will be at Cafe al Bacio at 11 am today, sea day. We did not go, we try to avoid crowds whenever possible and still carry masks when unavoidable.

• Thanks 1

I tried something new and delicious (for me) at Cafe al Bacio and now wish I was going B2B on this ship. It is probably familiar to everyone else on the planet, but my DW treats me like a parent that never introduces a newborn to sweets. Celebrity to me is like going to grandma and grandpa's and finally having a whole new world opened up to me. They are called 'financiers'.  I just asked for one to try and the young lady gave me two along with a piece of black forest cake and a cherry tart. Well these financiers are a soft cookie square cake like pancakes or waffles with the syrup already mixed in. Heaven in a cookie.

• Thanks 1

I guess there are many parents on board just like my DW, that have not introduced their kids to this self serve soft ice cream machine. It is fully loaded and the cones on the right side dispenser is indication it is ready to go. It is 1 pm and the height of the lunch hour at the Mast Grill  outside the Solarium starboard side and I have never seen a line form.

IMG_2537.jpg

• Thanks 2