Soda Package-Other than Coke

nelblu

On the Serenade of the Seas 11/5/22 departure, free non-carbonated drinks included: unsweetened  iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, strawberry/kiwi sugar free and water. It seemed the ship ran-out of strawberry/kiwi the second day of the 7-night cruise.  The choices in the Windjammer varied by meal but typically included what I've listed in addition to apple and orange juice (these two particularly at breakfast). 

I'm a Diet Pepsi drinker and I brought onboard 8 16.8 oz. bottles when I boarded the first day.  That was enough for my daily "fix."  I also pre-purchased 12 bottles of water which were waiting for me as I entered by stateroom.  I traveled solo.

51 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Yes, Oasis.

Oasis has the majority of what was included in that link, but not all.  Just hope that they actually have what they typically have listed because the machines were very empty the majority of our cruise in October.  The machine by El Loco Fresh had only powerade most of the time, all other drinks were greyed out.

• Like 1

All of those are available at the Coke Freestyle machines which are in limited location.  Bars and entertainment venues don't have near that much selection/variety.  But yes, the Freestyle machines are included in the soda packages but you have to have the special tumbler to make the machine work.  

Edited by Ret MP

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oasis has the majority of what was included in that link, but not all.  Just hope that they actually have what they typically have listed because the machines were very empty the majority of our cruise in October.  The machine by El Loco Fresh had only powerade most of the time, all other drinks were greyed out.

Awww, that is a shame.  I usually just drink coke so I didn't check much of anything else.  Although, I was behind others in line that chose different flavors.  This was on Indy in September.  Last time on Oasis was last December with reduced passengers, so I think everything was available.

27 minutes ago, Longford said:

I'm a Diet Pepsi drinker and I brought onboard 8 16.8 oz. bottles when I boarded the first day.  That was enough for my daily "fix."  I also pre-purchased 12 bottles of water which were waiting for me as I entered by stateroom.  I traveled solo.

I am a coke drinker who had been buying the soda package... and hauling the cup around all day.  Last two cruises I just brought a 12 pack of cans on board.  And had some left over.  Amazing how the package can induce you to drink a lot more than you actually "need".

2 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Awww, that is a shame.  I usually just drink coke so I didn't check much of anything else.  Although, I was behind others in line that chose different flavors.  This was on Indy in September.  Last time on Oasis was last December with reduced passengers, so I think everything was available.

Diet Coke was available in at least one of the two machines outside Sorrentos and diet root beer seemed to be available too, which made my DH happy.  We have been getting refreshment packages since they started offering them and have never encountered machines this empty in the past.  Hopefully, it was just a supply chain issue that has corrected itself now that the ship is sailing from Florida.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jk04 said:

I found that the Freestyle machines on the Independence, in the Promenade always had error messages on one or the other or both.  I don't think I ever saw both working at the same time.  I don't think the crew could keep up with their popularity/usage.  I don't remember seeing any issues with the machines in the WJ, though.

The biggest problem I, repeat, I had was being behind one or more people, young and old, that had no clue how to use the machines.  Some would just stand there and look at the machines like a deer in headlights.  Others looked like they were waiting for a cup to drop out of the machine.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billslowsky said:

I am a coke drinker who had been buying the soda package... and hauling the cup around all day.  Last two cruises I just brought a 12 pack of cans on board.  And had some left over.  Amazing how the package can induce you to drink a lot more than you actually "need".

At the end of my 7 night cruise, I had 2 bottles of (of the Diet Pepsi untouched.  I drink the beverage in the a.m., as many people drink their coffee at the same time.  The abundance of other drinks, non-carbonated combined with the water was sufficient to quench my thirst.  Additionally, I'd brought on board 2 bottles of wine the first day, too.

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

Remember, you can use the bars for some of the drinks.

7 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Yes but technically you don't need to be on a ship either.