Can you purchase Princess Plus on embarkation day?

KLM3164

We are scheduled to sail tomorrow and didn’t purchase Princess Plus for this cruise. This afternoon we received an email from Princess with the option to still upgrade for tomorrow’s sailing. The email says to upgrade through the Cruise Personalizer which can’t be done at this late date but I’m wondering if we can upgrade when we get on the ship tomorrow? We have a couple hundred $ in OBC which we would like to apply to Princess Plus if it’s available onboard and we can use OBC. Has anyone been able to purchase the plus or premier package on the first day of a cruise? If so, did Princess allow you to use your OBC to pay for a portion of it?

The terms and conditions say a plus fare has to be purchased pre-cruise. But, it does not hurt to ask once on board. I do know that you can purchase beverage packages on boarding day, but it is only the beverage package. It does not include the internet and crew incentive. The cost is around $70and change/pp/day. 

On 11/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, trbarton said:

I wouldn’t think that you could. Wouldn’t hurt to ask once onboard the ship. 

Keep us posted. 

Tom😀

I learned you can’t purchase Princess Plus once you board the ship. We will end up being money ahead without it on this cruise as we have enough onboard credit to cover tips and some drinks.

We did pre-purchase internet for $40 and ended up getting a refund for it because the internet is so bad on our cruise. We are sailing at 109% capacity which makes the internet unusable on our 4 day sailing.