How soon after boarding, can you go to your cabin.

JOHN 57

2 hours ago, oyme said:

Sorry, but I agree with this. ^^^ 

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

It's just luggage come on. Bigger problems in the world to worry about. I can see if someone cuts you off in line. If another pax is simply putting luggage in their room I guess I don't see why that should upset someone. Just enjoy your cruise and simmer down. Give me a break.

The room stewards have a job to do in a limited amount of time, having hundreds of people, if all follow your rules, “just” dropping off luggage would hinder the stewards from performing their duties.

IMO..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As I've said before, I won't be surprised when Carnival takes this perk of early cabin access away from Ps & Ds due to the overwhelming numbers of passengers breaking this rule.  So many people who are not supposed to go through those hall doors do and also recommend doing it to others.  This is entitled and inconsiderate behaviour, no matter how you justify it.  I'm willing to bet that some of the very same Ps and Ds that suggest others break this rule will then complain about this privilege being taken away.

The Room Stewards are hard at frantic work behind those closed hallway doors trying to get all the cabins ready.  The halls are crowded with carts, vacuums, garbage bags, and hurrying, overworked human beings.  Carnival allows this privilege to the few.  It was never intended for the many.  Carnival tried to curtail the uninvited from opening those hallway doors and intruding by removing the signs that invited P, D, Suite, and FTTF to come in.  But with people spreading this bad advice on forums like this, as well as word-of-mouth, a lot of good that measure did.  Mark my words: Carnival will revoke this free perk if the abuse continues.  Be considerate, folks and follow the rules.  How hard is that, really?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

As I've said before, I won't be surprised when Carnival takes this perk of early cabin access away from Ps & Ds due to the overwhelming numbers of passengers breaking this rule.  So many people who are not supposed to go through those hall doors do and also recommend doing it to others.  This is entitled and inconsiderate behaviour, no matter how you justify it.  I'm willing to bet that some of the very same Ps and Ds that suggest others break this rule will then complain about this privilege being taken away.

The Room Stewards are hard at frantic work behind those closed hallway doors trying to get all the cabins ready.  The halls are crowded with carts, vacuums, garbage bags, and hurrying, overworked human beings.  Carnival allows this privilege to the few.  It was never intended for the many.  Carnival tried to curtail the uninvited from opening those hallway doors and intruding by removing the signs that invited P, D, Suite, and FTTF to come in.  But with people spreading this bad advice on forums like this, as well as word-of-mouth, a lot of good that measure did.  Mark my words: Carnival will revoke this free perk if the abuse continues.  Be considerate, folks and follow the rules.  How hard is that, really?

The perk has already been greatly diluted from what it used to be so obviously they plan to get rid of it altogether eventually. A metaphor for Carnival in itself. The problem is how can they sell FTTF if the only perk you really get is an earlier tender ticket?

• Like 3

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the perk for FTTF and Suites was that you got access to your room earlier...not that you merely got to drop off your luggage earlier.  We have cruised post Covid several times and when we had a suite, our room was always ready when we boarded and we usually boarded in the 1st or 2nd boarding group. 

And I think if they eliminate Plat/Diamond early access to the rooms it will most likely be because they are trying to get them to pay for suites or FTTF rather than because so many people are accessing the rooms when they shouldn't be.  Or because they have so cut back on staff that they can't have that many rooms done early.   

Just now, Eli_6 said:

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the perk for FTTF and Suites was that you got access to your room earlier...not that you merely got to drop off your luggage earlier.  We have cruised post Covid several times and when we had a suite, our room was always ready when we boarded and we usually boarded in the 1st or 2nd boarding group. 

And I think if they eliminate Plat/Diamond early access to the rooms it will most likely be because they are trying to get them to pay for suites or FTTF rather than because so many people are accessing the rooms when they shouldn't be.  Or because they have so cut back on staff that they can't have that many rooms done early.   

That was correct in the past but Carnival has cut housekeeping services to the bone so it is no longer possible for them to guarantee that anybody's rooms are ready at boarding anymore, I don't even think they're guaranteeing suites have their rooms ready anymore. Certainly no more guaranteed rooms for plat/dia. 

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

In my experience, you are correct.  My Suite has always been ready and available upon boarding. And this was (pre-Restart) a stated feature of FTTF - your cabin was guaranteed ready upon boarding.

As for your other point, I suspect if early access to cabins is eliminated it will be at least in a big part due to the rule breakers.  The possibility of Carnival making a few more bucks by selling this privilege is gravy.  I, for one, although disappointed to have to do so, will pay for this privilege separately (as in buying FTTF on top of my Suite fare, as I used to before I turned Platinum), if they can devise a system that keeps the cheaters from being able to cheat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

In my experience, you are correct.  My Suite has always been ready and available upon boarding. And this was (pre-Restart) a stated feature of FTTF - your cabin was guaranteed ready upon boarding.

As for your other point, I suspect if early access to cabins is eliminated it will be at least in a big part due to the rule breakers.  The possibility of Carnival making a few more bucks by selling this privilege is gravy.  I, for one, although disappointed to have to do so, will pay for this privilege separately (as in buying FTTF on top of my Suite fare, as I used to before I turned Platinum), if they can devise a system that keeps the cheaters from being able to cheat.

In the cruises I've been on since restart there haven't been many guests in the hallways, platinum/diamond/suite or otherwise. So I don't think the "cheaters" are going to be why the perk goes away for good. It is simply because Carnival is morphing into the Spirit Airlines of the Seas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Priority is definitely placed on turning over the Suites and the Suite Stewards are the best.  They get it done.

Thanks. This makes more sense. 

The reason I’m saying that is because even though we are platinum, normally our tags don’t indicate “priority” and we have a suite this time and that’s what they indicate. 

To be certain we’re not breaking any rules, I will inquire during check in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

In the cruises I've been on since restart there haven't been many guests in the hallways, platinum/diamond/suite or otherwise. So I don't think the "cheaters" are going to be why the perk goes away for good. It is simply because Carnival is morphing into the Spirit Airlines of the Seas.

I am with you. Never really seen anyone in the hallways when we had a suite other than staff. One time (pre-Covid) we had FTTF and we had to literally show our boarding pass to even be permitted in the hall that led to our room.  Someone with us was going to drop off their luggage in our room and they were not permitted to go with us.

And how would a guest know if another guest was a cheater or platinum, diamond, suite, FTTF, a B2B cruiser, etc. since they don't have their sail-and-sign card yet?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

And how would a guest know if another guest was a cheater or platinum, diamond, suite, FTTF, a B2B cruiser, etc. since they don't have their sail-and-sign card yet?  

A guest wouldn't know.  But Carnival knows that the cheating is happening.  And it is a problem.  They have tried in several ways to curtail it over the years.  And it keeps happening.  The number of avowed rule breakers on these boards alone (a very small segment of the cruising population) shows that many do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

A guest wouldn't know.  But Carnival knows that the cheating is happening.  And it is a problem.  They have tried in several ways to curtail it over the years.  And it keeps happening.  The number of avowed rule breakers on these boards alone (a very small segment of the cruising population) shows that many do it.

It’s on Carnival as much as it is the guests. If they can’t enforce their rules they have no business having the rules.

• Like 1