How soon after boarding, can you go to your cabin.

JOHN 57

How soon after you board the ship?

Depends on what time you board, and what your status as a frequent Carnival cruiser is. 

However, if you're asking what time the cabins are scheduled to be available to all guests, the answer is about 1:30

• Like 3

Diamond/Platinum/Suites: you MAY be permitted to drop off luggage upon boarding tho no guarantee cabin will be ready before 1:30. All others should wait for the announcement. I've seen discussions on social media platforms that some folks don't care about this and go thru those closed doors anyway..... This is rude as those cabin stewards are super busy getting the rooms ready. If ppl continue to ignore this small stipulation, it will ruin  this small perk for "frequent flyers".

• Like 4

1 hour ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Cabins open around 130pm usually.  

Some folks go earlier, just walk through hallway doors that are closed. 

We always take our luggage to our state room when we get on the ship. Never a problem. You might be stopped. We just let them know all we want to do is put the luggage in the room. The reply is always that is fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

We always take our luggage to our state room when we get on the ship. Never a problem. You might be stopped. We just let them know all we want to do is put the luggage in the room. The reply is always that is fine.

Only allowed for suites, platinum, diamond, and FTTF.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ober134 said:

Diamond/Platinum/Suites: you MAY be permitted to drop off luggage upon boarding tho no guarantee cabin will be ready before 1:30

I was curious if Suites would be ready prior to 1:30.  Can you stay there if the room is ready?  

If you’re P or D then you can drop off luggage in your cabin, but NOT stay there.  

Platinum and Diamond guests may drop off their luggage, but keep in mind the door may be wedged open so the stewards can work. I would not leave anything of value in that case. You never know who is walking by. 

It used to be that Platinum, Diamond, and Faster to the fun rooms were ready when the guests boarded. Then some accountant at headquarters used a sharp pencil to eliminate a large number of hotel operations crew. Stewards were charged with more rooms to service, and it was impossible to offer the "ready when you board perk."

I like to be the first to board. I drop my bag and do a quick PM of the room so I can alert guest services of any problems with plumbing, lighting, HVAC, doors and latches, safe, TV, switches and fridge. On Spirit I found a sink drain with enough hair to reupholster a cat. They always take care of those things before the 1:30pm "rope drop"

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Basically, it's a courtesy to follow the rules or guidelines set up by a business.

Sure, and I wonder what it would look like if cruise lines addressed this issue by allowing for a holding area onboard for luggage or if they allowed outside of stateroom drop off (i.e. hallway drop off the same way that they do on the last night of the cruise for debarkation luggage pickup).

They could still incentivize folks to drop their luggage at the port, but they might also create efficiencies in how much luggage they have to be responsible for from the port.

21 hours ago, audcc77 said:

I was curious if Suites would be ready prior to 1:30.  Can you stay there if the room is ready?  

If you’re P or D then you can drop off luggage in your cabin, but NOT stay there.  

they are not ready for you to stay in.    All the suites are located in one area on both sides of the ship.  THere is no way they can turn over that amount of cabins in such a short time  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seaman11 said:

what about 12 ==/ 12-30 and then go to lunch first?   

cabins are ready at 1:30   If you dont want to carry your stuff to lunch  pick a check in time of 1pm      THe cabins are not secured until that time   and sign and sail cards are put in mail boxes closed to that time.     

Our check in time is 12:30-1 for this reason. We’re carrying soda and wine on and I have back issues. We figure by the time we park, get through security and get onboard, our cabin will be ready. Making it to lunch by 2:30 on the first day isn’t a huge priority. 

23 hours ago, serene56 said:

they are not ready for you to stay in.    All the suites are located in one area on both sides of the ship.  THere is no way they can turn over that amount of cabins in such a short time  

Is this new, since restart?  (ETA: Or is this ship-specific?  May be true for a ship I've never sailed. )  This has not been my experience.  My Suite has always been ready upon boarding.  

Listed under Suite Amenities on:  https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3593/~/suite-amenities-and-perks

is "First Access to stateroom".  Priority is definitely placed on turning over the Suites and the Suite Stewards are the best.  They get it done.

Edited by ShakyBeef